• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Promotions

boobcheese

I will turn 27 at OCS and for some reason, age requirement or not, I was pro-rec'd for NFO in the June boards. I'm not asking any questions about why, I'm just happy that I made it. I requested to go to OCS as soon as possible but couldn't get an earlier date than Oct. 19 because of when follow-on schools were to start...lucky me I guess!

It seems like you have it figured out but at the risk of joboy leading you astray; sometimes its better to not ask questions you don't necessarily want answered. You've made it past the hurdle of getting selected and unless you draw attention to the fact that you may not be within the letter of the law no one is going to look for a reason to DQ you with the possible exception of NAMI (and they are only looking at medical issues). Do yourself a favor and focus on your energy on prepping for OCS and let sleeping dogs lie.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Life in the territories must have been nice. ;) Everyone on the East coast seems enamored with Khakis though.

Brett

I'm continually convinced that if there's a hard way to do things, they're doing it that way on the East coast. Also, if you're wearing khakis to any FASO event, you're letting the man win. What are they going to do, throw you out of the class?

MasterBates

The AGC teaching the class called my command to complain I was not in the prescribed uniform.

I had landed at 0200, drive home got in bed at 0300, and was up at 0600 to go to some Oceanography class. I wore a bag. Apparently it was Khakis but I did not get the memo. I got some unwanted face time with the XO after class.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I'm continually convinced that if there's a hard way to do things, they're doing it that way on the East coast. Also, if you're wearing khakis to any FASO event, you're letting the man win. What are they going to do, throw you out of the class?

My DHs have told me horror stories of when they were JOs of having to wear khakis all the time...unless they were preflighting or flying. I guess some folks thought it would make them better officers or something.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
My DHs have told me horror stories of when they were JOs of having to wear khakis all the time...unless they were preflighting or flying. I guess some folks thought it would make them better officers or something.

Only one thing to do...in true JO fashion: be as scarce as possible as often as possible.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

When I was a mid, I was with a certain VF squadron that had to do such things. They were made fun of regularly by the other squadrons. Apparently the pain isn't just reserved for the for the helo/VP dudes.

NavyAsh

I'm pretty sure I posted on that thread you linked to. I asked the same question about whether I should say something or not and was advised that they reviewed my application and knew my age when selecting me for OCS and subsequently assigning me a date. I understood that you don't receive a final select letter until your pro-rec has been passed through the chain of command and signed off on. In the grand sceme I won't turn 27 until about the 5th or 6th week into OCS. Proof enough for me is the signed final select letter in my hand.

Also, the age limit for NFO without a waiver was 30 accorrding to the OPNAV 1420.1A and I don't know when the new age limit came out but I just may have gotten my application in before they changed it...who knows. However, there are other threads about age limits and I'll let those be my guide.

Congrats on being selected! I do some work with the Navy, and if you want more information on the age requirements you can chat live with a Navy expert here. Hope that helps -- good luck.