• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Package

usnvygrl

I am working on an Officer package and am stuck. I need some help finding a copy or example of a personal statement. i haved googled and asked and have been unable to locate a format for this. Can anyone help me?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I am working on an Officer package and am stuck. I need some help finding a copy or example of a personal statement. i haved googled and asked and have been unable to locate a format for this. Can anyone help me?
If you dig around here, I think there are some posted.

EDIT: After rereading your post, I realized you are looking for format, not content.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
I'm not sure what you're looking for, a personal statement is personal. 400 words max, no format, just proper English. Don't nuke it, why do you want a commission?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I'm not sure what you're looking for, a personal statement is personal. 400 words max, no format, just proper English. Don't nuke it, why do you want a commission?
I think she might be looking for format, not content.

TPrice9

I am just about ready to turn in my package as well. Here is what the opnavinst 1420.1 says:

1. For all applicants, including Nurse Corps. Limit your statement for each section to between 200 and 250 words.
-Reason for applying for a commission
-Personal and Professional goals
-Strenghs/personal characteristics you posses which will contribute to success in the program you are applying. Address any other relevant information or substantial accomplishments not already covered.
2. Discuss what the Navy's core values (Honor, Courage, Commitment) mean to you and how you think they will apply to you as an officer in the U.S. Navy.
You can PM me if you need more help or have any more ?'s

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
After checking a PM, I guess I should clarify my above comment, that I wasn't trying to be a dick and I guess the words just came out wrong. All I was saying was that the format I used was why I wanted to be an officer, that's all. My apologies if I came across any different but I was trying to help, my version of brevity just makes me sound like an ass I guess.