• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Interview

itjoew

Going to my first interview this Friday. Wondering what uniform I should wear? I work at DISA in DC, the job is a typical 9 to 5 where we work in cubicles. The LCDR I am interviewing with also works in a cubicle. Should I wear the uniform of the day, Service Uniform, or were Summer Dress Whites?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Going to my first interview this Friday. Wondering what uniform I should wear? I work at DISA in DC, the job is a typical 9 to 5 where we work in cubicles. The LCDR I am interviewing with also works in a cubicle. Should I wear the uniform of the day, Service Uniform, or were Summer Dress Whites?
Dress for success: Summer Dress Whites.

The goal during the interview is to get across-the-board Outstanding marks on the Interviewer's Appraisal Sheet, one of which is Apperance and Poise. Looking sharp and squared-away screams attention-to-detail, which is a good thing, IMHO. Another benefit to receiving an Outstanding mark is that the mark will be commented upon in the Comments section.

Some other recommendations:

- fresh shoeshine or clean/spotless corframs
- fresh haircut and shave
- dryclean your SDW's prior to the interview
- new or drycleaned necktie for your SDW's
- make sure your ribbons/warfare devices are clean & good-to-go

Attachments

• Interviewers Appraisal Sheet - NAVCRUIT Form 1131_5.pdf
    656.2 KB · Views: 35

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Second vote for Summer Dress Whites. Think of it as a job interview. You wouldn't go to that in Service Uniform, which is roughly equivalent of business casual. I would also suggest going to work in the service uniform and changing into whites before the interview. That way there's less of a chance they get messed up, and they will look that much sharper.

itjoew

Sports Bar Interview??

Thanks guy fro the help. I had my first interview today, looking sharp in my uniform and it went very well. I have another one tomorrow but I am meeting the officer at a sports bar. Should I stay wearing my whites? Or go in the Service Uniform?

dsimonds

Stick with the dress whites unless directed otherwise. They may be trying to see how you act in a non-military environment around civilians. Stay sharp, stay professional, be sincere, be honest, and have good posture. Take a second to really think about what they're asking before you answer it. Best of luck.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Is the interview mandatory for everyone? I'm going for Pilot and haven't had one but have heard from other that have... I hope I'm not missing anything!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Is the interview mandatory for everyone? I'm going for Pilot and haven't had one but have heard from other that have... I hope I'm not missing anything!

It's not a requirement but it is a helpful boost to your kit. I had one from my former NROTC XO (Prowler guy). It is coming from a professional in the community you are trying to get into. They have a reputation and wouldn't be endorsing some scum bag...so of course it is helpful.