• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Interview(s)

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Hey I'm trying to get some O6 officer interviews. My recruiter was supposed to help me with this but every time I call to inquire about it he either tells me to call back the next day or tells me he's been too busy lately to get anything for me. This has been on going since before Thanksgiving. I'm confident my recruiter will eventually get me some interviews if I stay on him about it long enough, but what are some other resources I can use to set these up myself? Any ideas..?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Networking... There is a pretty big Naval base in Chi-town. I'm sure if you started asking around with people and friends you know in the area someone is bound to know someone else that can help you. Go to ROTC units in the area and start talking to officers there. You need to start networking if you want interviews with officers and those are two pretty good places to begin. The USO is probably another good place as they may be able to get you in touch with some officers. Just remember O-6s are pretty busy themselves so just walking in and getting an interview is not going to happen as it may take weeks to get a sit down with one. So I would be looking at getting ones from O-3s or O-4s as those may be more feasible because there are more of them. If you impress one of them enough they may be willing to help you get an O-5 or O-6 to sit down with you. Good Luck.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
So I had my two officer interviews. Both aviators, one being the Commander of Great Lakes... (Pretty intimidating). I rocked them both and, according to them will be highly recommended. I also had one with my congressman.

I just wanted to say I was pretty nervous but succeeded because I fully prepared for them. If any of you have questions about the interview, or just want some advice or helpful hints, feel free to message me and I'll gladly help. I say this because right now it's all still fresh in my mind.

One of them also recommended to watch this video,
I thought it reminded me of BMT a lot (for those prior enlisted).

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Does it matter what rank the officer is for your interview? I could only find an O-3 aviator in my area.

It doesn't matter what the officer's rank is unless you are in the military. Obviously the higher the better but being a civilian applicant they don't expect you to even have an interview. I heard it is required now in the new application. If this is true then your OR would probably be taking care of it themselves. To go out and get one yourself is up to you. I didn't have one and there are many people on here that didn't have one either but we were Pro-Rec'd.

GreenLantern330

It doesn't matter what the officer's rank is unless you are in the military. Obviously the higher the better but being a civilian applicant they don't expect you to even have an interview. I heard it is required now in the new application. If this is true then your OR would probably be taking care of it themselves. To go out and get one yourself is up to you. I didn't have one and there are many people on here that didn't have one either but we were Pro-Rec'd.

Thanks, twobecrazy! I'll talk to my OR about it.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Does it matter what rank the officer is for your interview? I could only find an O-3 aviator in my area.

Senior O-3+ would be good. Someone with a fleet tour under their belt is considered a legitimate source for an interview. O-1/O-2, even winged, will get you laughed out of the room.