• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

officer Housing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpc2004

If you are married, but your wife stays at your home of record during your MOS school, do you still rate BAH, and if so can you live on base in BOQ housing and still recieve BAH?
My second question is, While stationed in the fleet, does Officer housing allow animals?

nater

Gosh - I hope someone knows the answer to this one. I was kind of wondering the same thing.

frogggystyle

If you are married, but your wife stays at your home of record during your MOS school, do you still rate BAH

Yes, I believe you get the higher of the BAH rates or where she lives and from where you are stationed. So If my BAH is $1500 in San Diego where I am and my BAH in Podunk, Idaho is $400 where she lives, I'd get the $1500...and vice versa if she were in San Diego and I were in Podunk.

if so can you live on base in BOQ housing and still recieve BAH?

Yes, will still get BAH but you will be paying to live in the BOQ if I am not mistaken.

While stationed in the fleet, does Officer housing allow animals?

It depends on the housing area. Enslited and Officers live by the same housing rules, and being an Officer doesn't mean you'd get to have pets if while th Enslited don't. Some newer housing units do not allow animals other than fish or the like, or weight restriction like 20 lbs or less. If you have pets, I recommend looking for a house to rent...unless you *REALLY* feel like waiting the 3-9 months it takes to get into base housing that allows for animals like dogs and cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.