• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Application? Flight Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
I've HEARD from Marines that have been through flight school, that having a pilots license prior to joining the military can be a double edged sword.

Good in the sense that you have a better idea of what you're doing.

Bad in the sense that you have developed "bad habits" when you received your private pilots license, or just a different why of doing things which results in you're having to re-train yourself to fly the way the military wants you to fly.

In any case, the Marine Corps doesn't care if you have a degree in UNDERWATER BASKET WEAVING! As long as you can pass all the mental and physical tests you'll be an Officer in aviation or ground, with the exception of being a lawyer. I hope this helps.

Augustus

Broadsword2004 said:
For one, I wouldn't put an OSO in the same leagues as a typical recruiter, if that is what you mean. An OSO won't try to get you to sign something right off the dot, like some recruiters might.

Also, no, from what I have learnt, it shouldn't mean jack if you've had any prior flight time. The military will train you.

You know, my OSO and OSA seem too busy that they hardly contact me, but I digress.

Show the OSO that you WANT to be an officer by continously contacting him/her. Make sure you don't make your OSO chase you around. Get on top of things. Yet don't go overboard and act as if you don't need a OSO.

Status
Not open for further replies.