• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Office Chair - Made From F-4 Ejection Seat

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
It's for sale, but you have to call to get a price. Likely "if you have to ask...you can't afford it"

Now on the other hand, A4s or Catmando

http://www.motoart.com/seating/chairs/f-4-ejection-seat

Feast your eyes:

f-4_ejectionseat.jpg

CAMike

None
Contributor
Nice find. The C-130 Nav Chair looks comfy and has a functional lumbar. B-52 Seat also nice but would not be very functional in an office environment.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I wonder how much an old ejection seat costs. The stuff on that site is pretty expensive and none of it looks exceedingly difficult to make with the right tools.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
There is a news broadcast about these guys somewhere on the interwebs. Lindbergh's grandson is one of the proprietors. Basically, the way they buy stuff is by the pound at the Boneyard. Then, they sand it down, maybe repaint it, and upholster it. It sells for tons. That chair is something like $1500, IIRC.

They send out a quarterly catalog if you get on their e-mail list, and it's fun to look at, even if I will never pay $5000 for a setee made from an Albatross float or $10000 for a bed made from a 747 nacelle.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When's someone going to make a toilet seat that flushes via the ejection handle (if mechanical engineering could be worked out)? Even a replica would be a conversation piece.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
It wouldn't work for me ... I'd probably want to stand in it prior to sitting down .... :)

And what happens if the yellow handle doesn't work??? Do you have to stay at work all night .. ??? :eek:

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
When's someone going to make a toilet seat that flushes via the ejection handle (if mechanical engineering could be worked out)? Even a replica would be a conversation piece.

Well, I was looking for a new project to feed the welder. . .

MasterBates

Get me a junk seat and I'll have a working shitter within a month for about $200.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Hey Master, think you could incorporate one of these into a new king cat?

MasterBates

A shitter-Kat, or just a Kat based off of an actual seat?

I tried to get a NACES dummy seat for the KingKat, but no joy with the contractors, so I went with a racing seat.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
An ejection seat is about the most uncomfortable hunk of metal ever passed off as a place to sit.

That's the last thing I'd ever pick as something to sit on in an office all day. Sounds cool to a wannabe fighter pilot, I'm sure, but that is clearly someone who has never been on hour 9 strapped to one with open ocean in all directions and no ability to stand up and stretch your legs.