• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Off to the Sandbox

H20man

Drill baby drill!
rumor has it im going to the gulf, sure hope the A/C works

web_051017-N-0455L-020.jpg

web_050319-N-0120R-021.jpg

H20man

Drill baby drill!
thx man, not leaving for at least another month or more, gotta finish up school trimester then wait for orders.

sarnav

If you are going out here on an MSC Oiler you are one lucky guy. Could think of a ton of other worse ships to be on, and having your own stateroom, meals served to you, and the 8-12s (I imagine you are Deck/Junior Third Mate or whatever licnense you guys get now) is living the good life. Regardless, good luck, stay safe, and have fun in Dubai.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
sarnav said:
If you are going out here on an MSC Oiler you are one lucky guy. Could think of a ton of other worse ships to be on, and having your own stateroom, meals served to you, and the 8-12s (I imagine you are Deck/Junior Third Mate or whatever licnense you guys get now) is living the good life. Regardless, good luck, stay safe, and have fun in Dubai.
Yeah, who's going to shoot at an AOE? (famous last words, eh?)

Brett

sarnav

Did not mean it was not dangerous or not an important job so I apologize if that is how it was taken. Having served on an Oiler as a civilian, and having served on a Navy Ship as Active Duty there is a world of difference. Life on an Oiler was one of my best experiences on a ship in my blip of existence on the Navy's dime, but I am still AD, and I don't regret my choice to switch over and serve for a second even when it is miserable.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
sarnav said:

yeah, like a grain ship to africa.
the food on my last ship wasnt too impressive, steward didnt care
hehehhe, yes having my own stateroom is very nice.

nope, just a lowly Midshipman/Cadet (Midshipman when at school Cadet @ sea)
still pretty happy i got an MSC ship, billets are limited so i feel pretty lucky.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
H2Oman...

We're expecting pics (and lots of them) on your return. Happy steamin' and have fun.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
TheBubba said:
H2Oman...

We're expecting pics (and lots of them) on your return. Happy steamin' and have fun.

will do, i took well over 1000 last year, one being my avatar and another being my profile pic, hopefully ill have some video too, im putting in for a Navy Cruise (its considered a special assignment here because it takes away from our required sea days) so we will see what happens, first i need to get past these damn last minute tests and finals in 2 weeks.