• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Off base housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdtusmc

flyboy33
What are the chances of there being some type of "out-of-town", countryside type of house maybe about a 2BR, 2Bath house with a little humble yard and a garage within 20-30 mi from Pensacola NAS? How far away would you have to drive to reach such a place that wouldn't be pricing over 150K. I just want a humble little place just far enough away from the base yet not too far. Is this possible??? Is there a small country town nearby?? I don't know the area. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yes, and its called Milton.... I am 6 years out of the pcola market, but there were some quite large places and pieces of land to be had "cheaply", but coming from the Hawaii market with prices over $500k, everything else to me is a bargain.

I would look in that direction, can't think of some of the other towns names, anyone else?

NavyWife2001

Milton isn't bad, but it is still a 45 minute drive to NASP. (It may be longer now because of the bridge being obliterated by Hurrican Ivan. I know that when we lived in Milton, it took 45 mins with no traffic.) The next stop is Navare Beach where alot of people live and love it!

KBayDog

It still takes 45 mins down, maybe an hour back (figure 1:15 between 4-6pm) via 90/291/110/98. Easy ride. Will be much easier once API is over.

slabicro

Helo wife
Unfortunately the market is tight right now bc of Ivan and so many people losing their homes. We bought our home here in Milton and we have had several realtors call asking if we were interested in selling. But, things are relatively inexpensive. Nice home definitely under 150K

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.