• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

% of guy who get Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
The army of idle Ensigns is the 61st largest in the world. Untapped fury just waiting to be unleashed. But Xbox calls...

Dave Shutter

When I first started researching NAVAIR and hanging out here 6 mths was the standard wait time for jets. Primary used to be a couple mths too then they streamlined things. Usually you'll get a stash job, maybe 2-3 half days a week if there are a lot of guys stashed. You'd think they'd make everyone show-up everyday but if a Command is really backed up you'd have thirty guys standing around every office drawing straws to see who answers the phone next. Not a bad deal.

Ray...if you don't mind me asking, what was your NSS. Also, how do they do the actual selections: do you guys all get together and have e'm read off, is it posted somewhere or what?

How big is the stack of books for the T-45?

Thanx.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by Patmack18
PS2!!!!!

"John just wanted me to go to UF so maybe someone would hang out with him."

Damn straight! Pass the cheesy poofs and stop hogging the PS2 controller, its my turn to play GTA damnit!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
GTA!! Get the sniper rifle and go to the top of the parking garage and pick off the police after you drive the Tank through the town. Either that or fly the Cessna around, sans wings.

psrogers

Intel Officer
Always been a Contra fan myself. (UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A SELECT START, beat it every weekend for like 10 happy years).
Seriously though: do most pilots in primary WANT JETS? So if there are 30% spots, what is roughly the fraction of pilots who want jets in the first place? I imagine there are a fair number who want transports, etc. And also, how long are you stuck in a plane type before you can transfer? I'm really pumped on flying jets, but not as interested in other plane types...sounds unreasonable though, to expect JETS, I'm starting to think, especially with such a huge number of other fellas out there.

ghost_ttu

Only from what I've heard a lot of people want jets going in and then a lot change their minds through the process. But I've also heard that if you have a good NSS, and you do well in your first squadron at the end of your first tour you can try to transition to another airframe.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

psrogers

Intel Officer
From what I'm reading I'm starting to think that I'll be pretty happy flying whatever I get. I guess I'd just as soon operate weapons systems though...and do barrel rolls. But hey, needs of the Navy will dictate.

jmantel02

A couple of questions:

Does anyone know what the average delay time between finishing API and starting Primary is?

Also, about how long is primary taking now from start to finish? I know that the time it takes to finish sylabus can fluctuate depending on a whole-lot of things. What is the approximate average nowadays?

By the way, Mike Tyson's Punch Out on the original NES still remains the greatest home video game ever.

Rainman

pilot
Speaking for TW5, they recently added in a wait at the wing of 4-6 weeks before even getting to your squadron to wait some more. Word is that a lot of aviators got pushed back last fiscal year to select this fiscal year so the squadrons had enough SNAs. So maybe about two months. I'd imagine they'd get back caught up in a few months. Primary is 19 weeks, weather permitting.

Ray

I had no wait from API to primary, but that was 11 months ago.

Honk if you demand satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.