• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

% of guy who get Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyHigh

Could anyone tell me a rough % of guys who get JETS? I know it is needs of NAVY, but if anyone is hearing what it is looking like for the next fiscal year? Does anyone have a definitive answer on the score you need for Jets? My buddy who is on the rag at Oceana said 60. He got like 70 something at Corpus x-MAS and then went to Kingsville.

moestud

I'm about to finish primary in corpus, and from what I have seen and heard from friends that have already selected, getting jets is going to be really hard starting now and into the new fiscal year. From what I hear there are too many people in the jet pipe line and not enough people getting out. So last week, there were 20 people that selected from all the squadrons (whiting and here) and one person got Jets. I hear you have to have at least a 60 NSS now to even qualify, but that number might fluctuate. At our last All officers meeting we were told that this will continue to go on in fiscal year 03.
Hope that helps.

SkyHigh

Thanks guys for the heads up on what you have heard about the percentage of guys who have earned JETS. Yeah it seems like it will be a tough go to get JETS in the near future. If you guys have heard anything about the JSF program, or if that is even in the discussion at all for the next few years. Let me know what you guys have heard.

ghost_ttu

heard that the JSF doesn't come online for Navy until 2012. But that just came from the Admiral that is in charge of the project. I doubt he has a clue....

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Even a young guy still in highschool like me is unlikely to see a JSF RAG.
Edit: By the way, does anyone know why they are switching to a 27mm cannon instead of the standard 20mm vulcan?

Dave Shutter

does anyone know why they are switching to a 27mm cannon instead of the standard 20mm vulcan?

I read that A: it's a better gun, and B: it will be a modular system, it can be removed relatively quickly and easily as a weight saver on certain missions...of course the one time you don't have it[B)]!

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by SkyHigh
Thanks guys for the heads up on what you have heard about the percentage of guys who have earned JETS.

The 'historical' breakdown out of primary is around 30% for Marine Corps and Navy. That is over the last three fiscal years. As stated, this year will be unique and nowhere near that nombre.

Rainman

pilot
AW member "Ray" shed some insight on this on some thread. . .do a search; he's waiting @ either Kingsville or Meridian.

Ray

Ya, I'm waiting in Kingsville. But my start date got moved up from January to Nov. 4. So I'm happy again. I've still been done with primary since may 2nd. So my wait will be six months and two days. They are out of money here too. They're all waiting until the first of october. And there are a few reasons jets got all messed up. Back in march when I was in the middle of flying, they were asking people to take jets if they had the grades. Now there are too many people. That and there was more retention lately because of 9/11. It will eventually catch back up with itself.

Honk if you demand satisfaction.

Ray

I play golf. And I substitute teach at the high school. All you need is a degree and you get paid fifty bucks a day. Its not much, but its better than getting fat. I work out a lot too. Good thing the seat can launch a 205 pound kid without a waiver.

Honk if you demand satisfaction.

kenjamin17

Are you still getting paid by the Navy during the wait? thats a pretty nice deal if you get paid to play golf and workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.