• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ODS - Medical

Tazzy823

Good day all!

I hope everyone is well. I'm looking for information about ODS. More specifically, the Medical Service Corps. I'm prior enlisted with 8 1/2 years under my belt and starting the package process. I just got my Masters in Health Administration and I keep hearing that the Navy may not have any quotas this year for newbies. I hope not! I busted my arse to get my degrees to become an even better asset to our fine Navy. :)

Any info would be great! Thank you!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good day all!

I hope everyone is well. I'm looking for information about ODS. More specifically, the Medical Service Corps. I'm prior enlisted with 8 1/2 years under my belt and starting the package process. I just got my Masters in Health Administration and I keep hearing that the Navy may not have any quotas this year for newbies. I hope not! I busted my arse to get my degrees to become an even better asset to our fine Navy. :)

Any info would be great! Thank you!

Did you talk to a medical recruiter yet?

Tazzy823

Did you talk to a medical recruiter yet?

Hey! (Thank you first and foremost for being honest and not sugar coating anything!)

I have a buddy that is an Officer recruiter and I have my own recruiter where I am located. They both have heard the same about quotas and are mentally preparing me just in case I have to wait a year. I just turned 31 and I'm under the age limit for this field.

Tazzy823

Long term career impacts probably a good sign, but doubtful any impact on new accessions, HCA is a small field so they don't need many, most of the HCA's I know/knew were prior HM's
Thank you for replying. Hopefully a few slots open up. I'm ready and prepared for the competitive aspect of putting in a package. I got letters and all my info pretty much done.

atspdx

I am also applying for MSC. Does anyone know when the boards will meet and when notifications of selections are made?
Applied for the MSC HCA board last year. Board met December 2018. Results were listed to be available in January but didn't actually get anything until March. I was Alternate Selected. Over the summer I was told by my recruiter that I would likely receive orders by December 2019 but in October was informed of a zero quota for the upcoming year and likely for the next several years.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Applied for the MSC HCA board last year. Board met December 2018. Results were listed to be available in January but didn't actually get anything until March. I was Alternate Selected. Over the summer I was told by my recruiter that I would likely receive orders by December 2019 but in October was informed of a zero quota for the upcoming year and likely for the next several years.

The plan is for navy medicine to cut military billets (both enlisted and officer) as they reorganize the way they do healthcare.