• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ODS AMA (Doc's, Nurses, JAGs, AMDOs, DCO's and others you'll be coming here!)

RJS

Note that I did not order the “as-is” items. Those may not be serviceable. Mine were listed as “good” condition. They look like they were worn just a few times, but have initials sharpied on the inside labels. The clothes have a faint musty smell like any surplus store clothing, but it should come out with a wash. Shipping was very quick. The biggest thing is just being able to find your size in stock.

I wanted to get the rest of my regularly worn uniform items new, but I figured I’ll be wearing the black parka and track suit so infrequently after ODS.
Got it. I read the definition for "AS-IS" on yesterday and definitely decided that I would pass on those. I also see that the more popular items are sold out.

Possibly not wearing the NWU's often. I believe PTU is worn the first week and NWU the 2nd week. 3-5 is khaki. I've purchased everything but shoes.

jrh0425

Question for recent grads - are women required to wear the over-blouse vs the tuck-in shirt for khakis? What PT uniforms are currently being used - realize there is an Oct 1 uniform change.
Don't know if this got an answer. You will be inspected wearing the over-blouse and can wear either the rest of the time.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Navigatingnavy

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
What is your profession? I'd love to do the split option, but I'm not a Doctor...
According to that link, you dont need to be one. The only issue is your application needs to be approved in the prior Fiscal Year. So if you plan on attending ODS in FY23 you have about 16 days left to get it approved.

3onaMatch

Question: What is the tobacco use policy while attending ODS?

Specifically cigarettes. Is smoking limited to certain times/places throughout the day, or is entirely restricted the entire time you are there? If the latter, can you use smoking cessation products such as the patch, nicotine gum, etc.?

jrh0425

Question: What is the tobacco use policy while attending ODS?

Specifically cigarettes. Is smoking limited to certain times/places throughout the day, or is entirely restricted the entire time you are there? If the latter, can you use smoking cessation products such as the patch, nicotine gum, etc.?
Per the Officer Development Regulations (ODR) :

"No tobacco products or products intended to deliver nicotine (e.g., nicotine gum, patches, vaping devices, etc.) will be possessed, used, or consumed by officers."

3onaMatch

Per the Officer Development Regulations (ODR) :

"No tobacco products or products intended to deliver nicotine (e.g., nicotine gum, patches, vaping devices, etc.) will be possessed, used, or consumed by officers."
Thanks for the info.! For many of us smokers, this is going to be hardest aspect of ODS.

Where did you find that info, btw? I haven't been able to locate it anywhere online, including the ODS website.

jrh0425

Thanks for the info.! For many of us smokers, this is going to be hardest aspect of ODS.

Where did you find that info, btw? I haven't been able to locate it anywhere online, including the ODS website.
The ODR will be provided to you when you get to ODS, it should be located in the central kill zone (CKZ) on the 4th deck and your class leadership should provide a digital copy also. Read it and know it. It tells you how everything should be done and what is allowed at ODS. If you ask a question about anything, the first response will be "what does the ODR say?".

3onaMatch

The ODR will be provided to you when you get to ODS, it should be located in the central kill zone (CKZ) on the 4th deck and your class leadership should provide a digital copy also. Read it and know it. It tells you how everything should be done and what is allowed at ODS. If you ask a question about anything, the first response will be "what does the ODR say?".
Copy. Thanks.