• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ODS AMA (Doc's, Nurses, JAGs, AMDOs, DCO's and others you'll be coming here!)

jmald10

I would say it depends on what your orders say. If your report date allows time to go home then make a judgement call and go. But…me mindful of travel days to reporting.
Also check your LES to see how many days you have accumulated to take leave, which you are entitled to take. Check MILPERSMAN 1050-090.

Also check your LES to see how many days you have accumulated to take leave, which you are entitled to take. Check MILPERSMAN 1050-090.
I’m not prior service though so I will only have what I’ve accumulated at ODS and NM 101 so I will probably have to burn that and start from scratch afterward

Tamitty2661

Reserve EDO (1465)
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding "free time" during ODS. I am trying to decide if I should enroll in a masters course or take the semester off, as I'm anticipating going to ODS at some point during the spring semester. Is there sufficient time for me to keep up with a graduate level engineering course at the end of the day/weekends?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding "free time" during ODS. I am trying to decide if I should enroll in a masters course or take the semester off, as I'm anticipating going to ODS at some point during the spring semester. Is there sufficient time for me to keep up with a graduate level engineering course at the end of the day/weekends?

Can’t have your cake and eat it too.

AU_Aviation

I agree with the others on this one in that you won't have the time. The time that you do have during the evenings/weekends is mostly spent on other things such as uniform prep, studying, group project, etc. I wouln't want the added stress of graduate school work during those 5 weeks.

Tamitty2661

Reserve EDO (1465)
Thanks guys. I was able to get a hold of the professors of the classes I'm looking to take, and I can do a deferred grade option which gives me up to 8 weeks after grades are due to complete the class.

89jettagtx

Sailor & Engineer
Does anyone know if SELRES Sailors are able to fill an AD seat for ODS? According to eNTRS all of the FY24 Oct-Nov ODS SELRES (USNARS) seats are filled but currently there are 41 seats open for Active (USNARG).

I am prior service SELRES (~14 yrs) trying to learn what I can from ODS so I can focus on my position.

number9

Contributor
Does anyone know if SELRES Sailors are able to fill an AD seat for ODS? According to eNTRS all of the FY24 Oct-Nov ODS SELRES (USNARS) seats are filled but currently there are 41 seats open for Active (USNARG).

I am prior service SELRES (~14 yrs) trying to learn what I can from ODS so I can focus on my position.
I am under the strong impression that the answer to that is "no". Classes being full to reservists but open to AD is not an uncommon occurrence..

RJS

I am under the strong impression that the answer to that is "no". Classes being full to reservists but open to AD is not an uncommon occurrence..
I concur. However, there is a possibility, if those slots aren't filled, that they can be converted to a USNARS seat. Maybe go on the waitlist for the time being.

89jettagtx

Sailor & Engineer
That is what I feared. With the navy being how it is, it probably has to do more with money/budgeting than filling quotas. Money is important, but timely training is more important IMO.

I concur. However, there is a possibility, if those slots aren't filled, that they can be converted to a USNARS seat. Maybe go on the waitlist for the time being.
Copy! I'll log back in and make sure the "Waitlist" button is checked.

Thank you both for the quick reply!