• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 09 Boards

aircrew02

Hey Aircrew,
I just got my FS, and I'm active. Where do u work in SD?

Nice, I wonder how you got yours processed so soon? I'm sure all the enlisted guys have to go through the same fleet processor. Unless you don't have any waivers, then you're good to go. Just wanna know what date I class up. Did you request for Jan or they just gave it to you?

I'm in Coronado. You in Pendleton?

Warpig1

My chain of command got an email from the processor with the select letter and some other info about OCS. I requested Jan, and that's what it said on the letter, but I haven't recieved hard copy orders yet. So we'll see.
Yeah, I work up at CPen, but I used to work at the NOSC on NI, I know a lot of good FTS folks over there.
Aircrew, do you know if you are flying or driving to RI?

aircrew02

My chain of command got an email from the processor with the select letter and some other info about OCS. I requested Jan, and that's what it said on the letter, but I haven't recieved hard copy orders yet. So we'll see.
Yeah, I work up at CPen, but I used to work at the NOSC on NI, I know a lot of good FTS folks over there.
Aircrew, do you know if you are flying or driving to RI?

Yea, a few people transferred from my squadron to the NOSC in the last year. I'm still debating if I should drive or not. I previously wanted to fly and leave my car and gear here and just get it later, but I've been hearing that it would be beneficial to have my ride w me, during liberty and also to have a place to stash your gear that you wouldn't be able to bring to OCS(cell phone, etc). So I'm not too sure. What did your FS letter say to do? Did it give you an option?

MidWestEwo

None
I am kind of worried about running into winter driving conditions getting up to RI. What happens if you get stuck due to a storm and you miss your check-in time?

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
Hoping to hear this week on my FS, and I am stationed in VA, and will most definitly be driving..

Once I get my final select letter, I too plan on driving and I'm currently stationed in Norfolk...sounds like one heck of a trip ahead LOL

CPLEGER

Final Select

Just wondering if any of the active duty guys have heard anything new about Final Select Status, or of anything else we need to do while waiting. My top secret is good through March 2011 so i should be good there.

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
Just wondering if any of the active duty guys have heard anything new about Final Select Status, or of anything else we need to do while waiting. My top secret is good through March 2011 so i should be good there.

Still haven't heard anything on this end about final selection. I sent Mr Elam an email asking him if anything was holding it up and haven't rcvd anything back from him yet. I wonder what's holding things up... I'm prior, all my clearance and information is completed and good to go...so I wonder what's the hold up...

nemotani

bedwell, i'm in the same boat here. i was pro recd beginning of nov. from oct boards and am active duty with a secret clearence and have yet to hear anything about a FS. I was hoping I would be a relatively quick turnaround to recieve a FS since I am active duty which means my security and background check is pretty much already done. if you hear anything, please post and I will provide the same courtesy.

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
Sounds good, and I will also do the same, I sent an e-mail to Mr Elam and Lt brown in Millington a few weeks ago and have not heard anything back.

LT Brown is the one that my XO called when we were trying to find the message showing PRO-REC's...I think it's because of that phone call that the message was "FOUND" and sent out 30 minutes later! LT Brown was going to get the Date Time Group for the message so that my XO could pull it up and found out that it was sitting in the "release" mailbox for over a week or two. So yeah, lets just hope that the same thing isn't repeating itself all over again LOL.......well not lol but you get what I mean I hope haha

chrisroncketti

I was pro-req'd for SWO in late OCT but I haven't received my FS yet. I have tried contacting my OR several times over the last week, but I have been unable to reach him. Is there anyone else I can call to find out what's going on? The wait is driving me crazy.

bptaylor10

I've had the same problem trying to contact my OR. However, I got this Out of Office Message yesterday.

"
I WILL BE OUT OF THE OFFICE FROM 02DEC09-06DEC09 ATTENDING A TRAINING SYMPOSIUM."

Maybe your OR could be at the same thing?

Food for thought.

jharris48

Yeah, I let myself believe that I might get my FS sooner than most because I already had my MEPS done before I got my pro-rec, but I have yet to hear anything. I sent an email last week and one phone call this week to my OR, but no response. I guess I will once again have to exercise my patience. At least we all know we are going. This waiting sucks, but at least it isn't as neurotically taxing as the anticipation of awaiting a denial or pro-rec that we faced last month.

I've been reading a book called Air Warriors: The Inside Story of the Making of a Navy Pilot and when I read about all the anxiety, stress, pressure, and responsibility that awaits us in the near future, waiting for an FS seems like the most trivial of events. Indeed the realization that I will be putting endlessly rigid expectations upon myself, along with the inevitable complementing paranoia of failure, has convinced me to loosen up and try to savor the last bits of my soft cushy life.