• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
so much for the quoted 2 weeks by my OR. haha "maybe a month at the latest." Granted, he woke me up from a deep sleep when he called...I may have selective hearing and an excellent imagination, one vivid enough to create my own stereophonic (is that the right word?) reality. Well, I'll wait expectingly by the mailbox for my final select just as I did daily for my official PPL.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
Physical paperwork came back from MEPS and was just sent down to the Flight Surgeon for my 2 waivers (shoulder surgery and PRK). My OR stated it should be another week or so before that makes it back to him and upon the completion of that I can get contracted in. SIGH almost there lol.

nugget61

pilot
Anyone else think its kinda weird that the folks we went through MEPS with are already on active duty and none of us have gone to OCS yet? Just realized that today.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
Anyone else think its kinda weird that the folks we went through MEPS with are already on active duty and none of us have gone to OCS yet? Just realized that today.

I'm guessing about 70% of the MEPS applicants that I went with are going through Boot right now. It is a little strange the think about it like that.

exo

Most I went to MEPS with were current active enlistees. Is anyone else from this board still waiting? Gotta be someone... .this wait is starting to get to me.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Damn! Exo your still waiting!? Maybe we will end up in the same class together! Good luck, and be patient!

Inexorable

Sitting in Purgatory
Most I went to MEPS with were current active enlistees. Is anyone else from this board still waiting? Gotta be someone... .this wait is starting to get to me.

I was pro-rec'd in October and I just now get to go to MEPS tomorrow.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
Well this must have been the quickest turnaround. Medical paperwork is back from the flight surgeon, waivers completed, i'm just waiting on my security clearance to come back. Too bad they just couldn't use one of my past several checks lol.

exo

My security went through last Friday. My recruiter has never mentioned this, but when I talked to someone else, they mentioned that there is a board for the final selection that meets once or twice a month depending. I've heard different things. Does anyone have an opinion.?

Does the final selection have a board that they meet to give you the final ok that meets once or twice a month. Or is it a continuous process, once you have everything in they give you the final select?

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
What I was told is that after your background check has been assigned to an investigator, your final selection paper is sent back to the board for a signature, although my final selection letter was signed by a single LT Commander, soooo....?

exo

Is that signature the final step? When I talked to the other guy at my OR's office, he said he'd give'm a call and see if he could get on that.

nugget61

pilot
I'm still waiting on a PRK waiver and will be doing so well into March.
I guess I should ask my OR if the security clearance went through already.

Looks like this will be one of my last posts before I head up to Newport, so good luck to the rest of you still waiting on MEPS/waivers/security clearance/FS etc. This site's been a great help over the past months and nice getting to know many of you. Hope to see you all at some point in the next few months, whether at OCS or in Pcola. Just ask for ET. lol