• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

exo

Definitely go with NFO if you were a non-select for SNA. I applied for SNA, SNFO, and Supply. Clearly, my sights were set on SNA (which I was Pro-rec for) but had I only received NFO or Supply I would have gladly accepted either. Bottom line is you'll be an officer in the greatest navy in the world and you'll still be part of naval aviation. Good choice.

Hey sonicboom, when do you think we should hear about final selects? A month after pro-rec? I'm curious to when I should financially plan to head to OCS...

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
Some peop have had to wait several months for the final select letter while some have only had to wait a month.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
My recruiter told me he could have me at ocs sometime in dec or early jan. Does this sound right? Just trying to budget and know when I should tell my work.

exo

December seems a bit early... but I hear the demand for NFO is high and they push them through quickly. I think it's different for everyone, how easily they obtain Secret clearance, and if they have any medical waivers to deal with.

Hey sonicboom, when do you think we should hear about final selects? A month after pro-rec? I'm curious to when I should financially plan to head to OCS...

Well, it depends on how quickly you schedule MEPS and get your security clearances done. I'm going to MEPS this Friday and knocking out my PRT as well later in the afternoon. My recruiter said we'll know that afternoon whether or not I passed MEPS but that it would take probably until mid-December to get the final select letter and that I should expect a Jan. or Feb OCS date.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
I won't be able to class up until about April. I have a couple of waivers that need to be cleared first and then I have to finish up school and that will be completed around March. My waivers are fo my eye (PRK) which my 6 months is up in December and that just leaves the waiver for my past shoulder surgery.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Is it a bad sign that I haven't heard anything, positive or negative, regarding my application for the October boards? I'm at the point of mentally preparing for rejection and plotting my strategy for reapplication. Is it usual for Intel boards to meet late in the month, or what?
I'm in the same position here. I am waiting to hear from INTEL, SWO/IP, and SWO/IW. My recruiter told me that the board results won't be out until the first week of next month so he won't be checking OTOOLS until then. I am not even sure if I even made the October boards. I am concerned if I don't hear back soon, then I will also miss the November boards as well. I wish there was a way to find out.

Very frustrating.

jdbryan

I'm in the same boat, I my package was supposed to meet the Oct boards, but come to find out that it didnt make the supply board, now i have to wait to see if it met with the AMDO and Intel boards.

Well, I had a bum morning. Went all the way to MEPS at Fort Dix, only to find out there was some hangup with my paperwork. Had to wait 6 hours til my recruiter came back to pick me up. I'll be going back to MEPS in 1-2 weeks. UGH!

OccamsRazor

Final Select BDCP Intel
Had EXACTLY the same thing happen to me, sonicboom. MEPS (I was at Fort Hamilton) seems to be hellish for everyone. It's hurry up and wait...I guess it's good to get used to.

exo

yeah, MEPS was long for me as well. I got it done the Thursday before last. I have to go back this upcoming Tuesday in order to get an out of office eye exam because of my PRK for the waiver board.... luckily I got a friend who lives right down the road or I would have to get up around 4.

OccamsRazor

Final Select BDCP Intel
Just called my recruiter who hasn't seen BDCP INTEL results.....this is killing me. ONE BDCP select? That's brutal.