• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oct Final Selects?!

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
I was pro rec for SNFO in Oct, just curious if anyone has heard back on their final selection yet? Also did u guys have to sign anything to get your final selection stuff rolling? I just told my recruiter over the phone that I accept and I havent heard anything since. Any input?:confused:

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I was pro rec for SNFO in Oct, just curious if anyone has heard back on their final selection yet? Also did u guys have to sign anything to get your final selection stuff rolling? I just told my recruiter over the phone that I accept and I havent heard anything since. Any input?:confused:

It's only been a month. Give it some time. My final select took about a month and a half. Like I said to all the worriers on the Nov 08 board...have a drink. If it doesn't come at 2 months check-in. But for now hurry up and wait.

exo

I"d expect to hear about 1.5 months after the boards meets. Late Nov early Dec probably. I"m sure the October thread will get posted to once people get final selects.

el douge

This one time at band camp...
Sit back and relax for now. Double check with your OR and make sure that you have everything done. I waited 3 weeks for my final select and had nothing when I was Pro Rec'd in August. My recruiter told me I did not need a PRT prior to Final select. Then I was enlightened that I needed one to GET before, to get final select. So now I'm waiting for my final select letter which should hopefully be here next week. I'm in P'cola now and I'll tell you I can't wait to get here after OCS.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Thanks guys, just not used to waiting on things I guess. Probably better get used to it though.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
Nope, just waiting for all my paperwork to hit MEPS and to get that out of the way. I don't think you sign anything until after you get your Final Select letter. I can't leave until March/April anyways so I still have some time to kill before I get report.

exo

I think this has been answered, but when do we start earning money? When we arrive at OCS, once we swear in before OCS?

ak47

I think this has been answered, but when do we start earning money? When we arrive at OCS, once we swear in before OCS?

You will pay after you arrive at OCS. Your work day will be counted as soon as you arrive OCS.

You will pay after you arrive at OCS. Your work day will be counted as soon as you arrive OCS.

I could use that E-5 pay starting like yesterday. I'm broke ass poor.
150.feat.gyms.poor.illio.jpg

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Just heard from my recruiter yesterday. My medical stuff went through now its just the background stuff. He said it usually takes 2 weeks for that stuff to go through but with thanksgiving coming up he said approximately three weeks before ill have an OCS date. Sometime in February though. I believe there is a Feb 1st, 15th, and 22nd. On that note, I am trying to get married May 30th, all of the above dates work for that, but is the Navy usually pretty cool with atleast giving me a long weekend off to get married? Its kind of a lot of time and money invested to plan and carry out, and I just wanted to know what to expect?

I took care of MEPS and PRT yesterday. Did PRT in the afternoon only 2 hours after completely gorging myself at the MEPS lunchroom so my PRT wasn't my best, but at least I passed.

9:30 1.5 mile
60 pushups
85 situps (missed excellent low by only 2!)

My OR said to expect a final select by mid December and a February OCS date if all goes well.

exo

Hmm, consensus seems to be Feb. I was hoping for Jan but I guess that's just some more time to make money. I'm still waiting for a waiver. I'll contact my OR right before Thanksgiving and see what he has to say.

bizlake, I'm in the same boat as you. I had my final eye checkup on 04Nov and waiting for the results. How long total did it take to go through? I'm half expecting it shoudl go through any day, maybe a final select the first week of Dec... it can't come soon enough.

Just saw the marriage part.... i wish you luck, but I realyl don't know what to expect as far as the marriage goes, however I would recommend doing some serious research into the matter ASAP so you can reschedule if need be. Try starting a formal post on here or Nayocs I'm sure osmeone can point you in the right direction.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Hey thanks exo, yeah the recruiter told me that an OCS class was cancelled somewhere in the mix and January was looking full. Maybe we will be in the same class together. I will put a seperate thread up for the wedding stuff. The recruiter said that there would be no way to know until im in the last few weeks of OCS when they start to give everyone the details of where and when to report. I guess there is no way to tell this far out what the needs, and plans the Navy will have for me as far as API goes. I guess just put in my request for that date as far out as possible and keep bugging whoever it is I need to bug at OCS.