• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ocs website training program

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike172

GO NAVY
On the Marine OCS website is has an 8 week training program, one of the things your supposed to do is "cross training" my question is cross training with what, should i ride a bike, swim or what? What does it want me to do?

CTE83

Run, run, and run some more...

Cross training could include biking, swimming, etc. However, the best way to get better at running is to run.

I've tried all kinds of training regimes over the last 3 years, but the thing that worked best for me was simply mixing up my workout during the week with long endurance runs and short strength/speed workouts. (e.g. once a week I run a 10-12 miler and a 7-8 miler, and the other 5 days I fill up with sprint work at the track or fast 3-4 mile runs).

Cross training is good stuff for an advanced athlete, but I'd advise you not to neglect your running-- that's what's going to make you faster.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.