• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS to NIFE for NFO waiting process with active duty spouse?

BitterBuns

I will be leaving for OCS in less than a month. I was selected for NFO and I am currently married to an AE in the Navy (He's on shore duty and stationed in WA for the next few years). From what I have seen you can't be co-located with one of you being in a training status which I will be for a undetermined but likely long time.

Does anyone have any idea if I will get stuck sitting in Pensacola waiting for a class or if I will be able to OHARP until I class up? I know OHARP is usually only up 90 days and from what I saw it now adds time to the wait process, but I was wondering if anyone thinks there could be an exception to this due to the priority they try to put on co-location?
I know when I'm actually training I will be away for a long time which is expected, I just hope that when I'm only waiting I can be with my family and can't seem to find an answer. Thanks in advance for any insight!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Does anyone have any idea if I will get stuck sitting in Pensacola waiting for a class or if I will be able to OHARP until I class up? I know OHARP is usually only up 90 days and from what I saw it now adds time to the wait process, but I was wondering if anyone thinks there could be an exception to this due to the priority they try to put on co-location?

There's a mega thread out here about flight school being backed up a bit. You can probably find and see where the recent OCS folks are being stashed before starting flight school.

At the same time, things change. What might be the plan right now might change in say 3 months. Just be flexible and you'll find out in due time what/where you'll be stashed during OCS.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
Generally speaking, SNFOs move through the pipeline slightly faster than SNAs. When I was a student in 2015-2017 timeframe, friends from my OCS class were singing from VT-86 before I was classing up at HT-28. Even right now with the training delays the SNFO pipeline is ‘faster’.