• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Supply goodbye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnyboy

Im wondering if my dreams could become a reality despite a 2.6 gpa in marketing? I'm going back to college this summer and finishing the last 16 credits I need (I left college in 2001) to complete my degree requirements. I scored a 48 on the OAR and plan on retaking it. I transferred to another university for a year to play football (my gpa was around 2.0 there) but came home because I could not afford to go to college without working. Is the supply corps a long shot for a 25 year old putting himself through school with such a gpa?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Johnyboy,

You'll never know unless you try. I looked at the Supply info sheet recruiters give out, and it said a GPA below 2.3 was disqualifying, so it looks like you're still above it. Get some good recommendation letters, and who knows what will happen. Good luck.

av8tor

I would stress that you were required to work your way through college on your motivational statement, this will balance the scales against those who have higher GPA's than you. Also, the Navy recognizes the commitenment to play college sports is tremendous, so is it a long shot, nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.