• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SNA slots closed until October???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Burke

What happens to those people who have to redesignate with everything full? Are the discharged or to they end up waiting until October to start in another field or what?

schott33

I received an OCS date of Sept. 14th. I just found out about a week ago that I got an aviation slot. So it doesn't sound too far off that Oct. is the earliest date.

Gator

I just got back from the recruiters office and here is the scoop. The Navy is still taking packages and selecting individuals even though they are over quota. There are still OCS slots available for SNA in the upcoming months. I looked at the April - June and there were plenty of spots. This can change though as they are filled up. The average number of SNA that are going through any one OCS class has been about 15. However, there have been classes that had up to 21. A big factor in when you go to OCS is whether or not you are under BDCP and how soon you can leave. If someone were to walk in off the street, degree in hand, they could leave for OCS almost immediately (assuming they were selected). The Navy is not just spread loading SNA, but doing it to all job fields. The aviation pipeline is just a little more restricted due the already lenghty wait time that can develope. What it all comes down to is how we as individuals fit into the Navy's fiscal plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.