• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Slots

DimndDave14

I was talking to a friend of mine and he said that each individual office has only a certian number of slots for each type of contract for example 4 ground 2 air and 1 law. And he continued to say if you have 3 going for air in that office only two will get picked up even if the third could have had a better package that someone else with an air contract in a different office.

Is that true that it come down to if you have alot of people in your office going for a certian contract? Or is it if you have five studs going for air all five get air?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
short answer no / kind of. if you qualify for an air contract then your OSO will sign you for an air contract (assuming you want it), if you don't they won't. Now getting an air contract doesn't mean that you will necessarily go air. The final selection board does however have a certain number of slots to fill for each OCS company but that competition takes place on a national level and includes whatever factors the board members take into account at that particular time...

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
You can also get pre-selected for the next OCS class if the selection board liked you but didn't have enough slots in the current OCS class. I.E. you put in for OCC 193 and get picked up for OCC 194. Hope that helps. :)

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
jamnww said:
The final selection board does however have a certain number of slots to fill for each OCS company but that competition takes place on a national level and includes whatever factors the board members take into account at that particular time...

This also means that the earlier you apply for a specific class, the better your chances are of being selected. Kind of a rolling admissions process.