• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS & Seabag?

stevo01

fredolipo said:
I wonder why a former enlisted has to bring his seabag to OCS. Officers have different uniforms isn't it?

a sea bag is not a uniform. if u dont bring it,you will get chewed out a little, but then be issued one, and pay for it later on i think

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
The issued gear at OCS is different for priors than for guys completely new to the military. This included sea bags, apparently. Some priors got 'em, others were SOL. As for uniforms, cammies are the same for EVERYONE, and thats all you'll know for the bulk of your time at OCS.

fredolipo

OCS & Seabag content?

scotty008 said:
The issued gear at OCS is different for priors than for guys completely new to the military. This included sea bags, apparently. Some priors got 'em, others were SOL. As for uniforms, cammies are the same for EVERYONE, and thats all you'll know for the bulk of your time at OCS.

I will go to OCS very soon and my seabag is not complete as of the Unireg and I wonder if I have to complete it before I report. I have flydeck boots instead of the safety chukka, throw away my bulky all-weather coat, nit cap, leather gloves and one of my coveralls is getting old. I have been on two cruises in the past two years and I wear camouflage pants and squadron t-shirts every day. Utilities and coveralls are for in port calls, watches or quarters ;-)

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
The only gear issue variations that I can recall are that priors recieved fewer sets of cammies and maybe boots. Some managed to game cash sales and got it all. As for the possibility of being charged at a later date, no clue. Honestly, I wouldnt worry about it. Bring what you think you might need and see what you get. Anything extra can be kept in the civie gear locker or your POV, and you may benefit from the extra gear later on. If you need something, they will make sure you get it. Good luck...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe things have changed, but I was not asked to bring my seabag to OCS, nor can I see any reason for it. So you end up with an extra sea bag. Those things are handy anyway for cruise.

Brett

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Scotty I think they're talking about Navy OCS. I imagine things there are a bit different.

twidget

Deskaholic
You do not have to buy items to fill-out your full seabag before reporting to OCS. The best explanation I've heard from bringing your uniforms, is that if you fail out, you will be required to wear them while waiting for re-assignment. I only brought a few belts, ribbons and medals, and my extra dress shoes. I emailed my mentor/class officer and was told not to worry about bringing everything. However, this was over a year ago, so you should call/write somebody at OTCP to cover your butt.