• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Running shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

apendle

I was wondering if anyone knew the type of running shoe we purchase at OCS. I know they are made by New Balance, but what is the model name or number? Just want to know so I can buy them before OCS. Thanks.

ryan77

At a DEP meeting this spring, an Ensign who just graduated pointed at my NB 715's and said these were the shoes they made people buy. Don't know if that is still the case right now so take it for what it's worth.

- Ryan

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
You will get New Balance, but they will choose the shoe according to your foot type. The candi Os will give you a wet test prior to fitting.

grouch

They gave me a pair of Asics 2080s and I love them. Don't buy any before as you will just have to get some when you are there anyway. If you want to show up with running shoes, buy a cheapo pair from Wall Mart for inspections.

bart27

Are you kidding me...I've now heard two sides to the story. First I heard that shoes are not issued at OCS and now I'm hearing that they are. Do we actually have to PT in them or can we use ours for PT and theres for inspections? Any recent graduate w/ some insight would be appreciated.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Some guys in my class bought the cheapest pair available to use as their inspection pair. The DI's thought this was great and told them the next morning they better be wearing them for PT. Also, if you have a pair of musuem shower shoes, make sure they fit because I also saw my classmate prancing around in the hallway with his size 12 feet in his size 7 shower shoes, doing his best RuPaul impression for the DI's.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
I also saw my classmate prancing around in the hallway with his size 12 feet in his size 7 shower shoes, doing his best RuPaul impression for the DI's.

Hahahaha! Classic. Maybe OCS won't be so bad after all.

bart27

So are we better off bringing a pair that we prefer to run in and use the issued pair for inspections? Curious b/c I pronate and w/o proper shoes I struggle.

tvan

I pronate bad as well, and if I have to run in the shoes they give us, I can guarantee right now that I will get injured and not make it through. Hopefully I can run in my Asics Gel Kayanos...

FlyGirl

Maybe it's just me. I was told to buy great running shoes and get 2 exactly alike (same brand, same size). I will run in one pair and use the other for inspection (unless they issue me some). That way it's like buying ahead. I also bought the same inserts for both pairs...you honestly can't tell them apart unless you see them together.

jaerose

I was told to just buy the nice pair down at OCS and use those for inspections...then after the 9th week RLP, which is the last one, I can use those for running.

JR

bart27

I also plan on having two new pairs...if they issue me a different pair, I will use them for inspections and leave one of my good pairs in the car. If I am not issued any shoes then I will use my second pair for inspections. I figure this way I have a number of options to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.