• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS questions

hugeyetti

I graduated a week ago and am open to answering questions people have. One thing, just remember that your class team is different almost 100% of the time, gouge you may get on here from me, or other people will more than likely be different than what you will more than likely experience at OCS. Just a heads up.

Hobblehob

Hey, congratulations on graduating! I sent off my application for swo for the Dec 8 board. What would you say you did to prepare for ocs? Did you prepare enough and what would you change in your preparation if you had to do it again? Thanks!

zack13usa

Congratulations!
Do you get a week or two off after graduation? And does it vary from candidate to candidate

hugeyetti

hobble - thank you! Um I was boxing 3 times a week and running almost everyday before OCS, so that helped a ton. Just make sure your run times are good. Though, one thing I was not prepared for was how the PFA's go... They make you do curl-ups/push-ups/ then the run back to back... So by the run, your just wiped out from pushing yourself on the first 2 tests. Idk, if I could, I woulda practiced doing as many crunches then push ups in 2 min each set, then go run a mile and a half as fast as I can.

Peterson - yes. More stress. lol.

hugeyetti

you want me to spoil the best inspection ever!?!?! lol ok, so... there really isnt much to prepare for before you get to OCS. I mean just have bravo down pat. If I didn't have to worry about studying gouge it would of been a lot less stressful. I mean you will be studying gouge the whole time your at OCS, but if I just had to worry about it less, that would of helped. Other than that, everything you do with your clothes and room is all done at OCS. Get ready to scream! haha.

Does that help?

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator
you want me to spoil the best inspection ever!?!?! lol ok, so... there really isnt much to prepare for before you get to OCS. I mean just have bravo down pat. If I didn't have to worry about studying gouge it would of been a lot less stressful. I mean you will be studying gouge the whole time your at OCS, but if I just had to worry about it less, that would of helped. Other than that, everything you do with your clothes and room is all done at OCS. Get ready to scream! haha.

Does that help?

Is there some point in OCS where they tell you not to spoil RLP? Is it part of the curriculum?! Fack. Lol

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator
A good part about OCS is finding things out on your own as they come.

There's very few things that I dive into without knowing anything about. But it's pretty exciting, the thought of doing that, with something that affects the rest of my life. I'm digging it.

hugeyetti

Um yea basically what Dangy said. A lot of things there (RLP) are not supposed to be talked about until you get there and such because it does spoil the effect of it. Everything is done for a reason. Just the biggest tip I can give is study appendix bravo as much as you possibly can before going to OCS even. That will help you out in the long run.