• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Questions

triplej88

I was just given my FINSEL and will be heading to Newport in November. I have received some confusing answers to some of my questions and was hoping someone can clear them up here. Thanks in advance for your time.

1. How is BAH determined? Is it where my spouse is or from where I swore in? She will be in California, I signed up in KC. My OR advised it was based on where I was (so Newport) but that doesn't coincide with what the survival guide says and didn't make a lot of sense.

2. Is there a way to find out when the flight schools start? I am wondering about the time I will be in OHARP. Also, can we request OHARP in P'Cola so we will already be there and ready for flight school?

3. How do I obtain a certified copy of my spouses drivers license? Is a notarized copy acceptable?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
1. It's Newport unless it changed recently.
2. You won't know until you're in OCS.
3. Bring the drivers license to your recruiter who can make a copy and stamp it as official.

Now my question to you, have you bothered asking these questions to your recruiter?

triplej88

Thank you for the replies.

Rufio, I have and she tells me she will get back with me and then I don't hear from her until I call again and it's just a cycles all over. I think she's just really busy.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for the replies.

Rufio, I have and she tells me she will get back with me and then I don't hear from her until I call again and it's just a cycles all over. I think she's just really busy.

That is unacceptable, while there are other things OR's do, this is part of their job, you just can't ignore part of the job, when a person ignores part of their job it is not uncommon for something to happen, like finding someone that can do ALL of the job.

fedman28

I havent heard from my OR in 3 months I finally called his CO and he checked on my status for me , he said my OR was on leave. I waited until after the date he was suppose to return to contact him again and still no response. If you dont want to do the job.... get out!!!!!!! and let someone else do it who really wants to help people become Naval Officers.

exNavyOffRec

I havent heard from my OR in 3 months I finally called his CO and he checked on my status for me , he said my OR was on leave. I waited until after the date he was suppose to return to contact him again and still no response. If you dont want to do the job.... get out!!!!!!! and let someone else do it who really wants to help people become Naval Officers.

On leave for 3 months, in all seriousness didn't he leave an out of office notification on with a contact?

fedman28

Not at all. But we have talked about other issues with this particular OR before NavyOffRec so it shouldn't surprise you. It is what it is I guess. Hopefully I'll get selected so I don't have to deal with him any more.

triplej88

That is unacceptable, while there are other things OR's do, this is part of their job, you just can't ignore part of the job, when a person ignores part of their job it is not uncommon for something to happen, like finding someone that can do ALL of the job.

It can be quite frustrating. But I suppose I don't have much longer to deal with it.

I had sort of a follow up to what Rufio already answered , she finally called me back last night and told me in order to get a certified copy of my spouses DL I had to take it to a DEERS office, they aren't able to do it at her office... Wanted to make sure that is accurate before we make the few hour drive to the closest DEERS office?

RiseR 25

I was just given my FINSEL and will be heading to Newport in November. I have received some confusing answers to some of my questions and was hoping someone can clear them up here. Thanks in advance for your time.

1. How is BAH determined? Is it where my spouse is or from where I swore in? She will be in California, I signed up in KC. My OR advised it was based on where I was (so Newport) but that doesn't coincide with what the survival guide says and didn't make a lot of sense.

2. Is there a way to find out when the flight schools start? I am wondering about the time I will be in OHARP. Also, can we request OHARP in P'Cola so we will already be there and ready for flight school?

3. How do I obtain a certified copy of my spouses drivers license? Is a notarized copy acceptable?

Congratulations triplej88!! Good luck in Newport!