• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

itjoew

I am an IT3 in the Navy now; I have my BS already and am taking the OCS test on April 15 of this year. I am going to apply for the SPECIAL DUTY - OCEANOGRAPHY, SUPPLY CORPS, and the SURFACE WARFARE OFFICER Programs in that ranking. Those are the three I am going to put on my application. I was wondering how hard the three programs are to get into and should/could I add anything to my application that might help it along. I was thinking letters of recommendations if they are allowed. Also, I was told that the Navy offers a science program for officers but I could not find it, if anyone knows if this is true let me know so I could look into it. I have a strong science background, hence the Oceanography as my first choice.

IT1toOfficer

Class 0606!!! New Ensigns!!! (as of Jan27th)
Who are you?? This is IT1 Jensen, N31 LPO.

I'm applying for OCS. I've been researching a lot of this, if you need help let me know and I'll help you. I'm submitting my package in May and I take the OAR on April 13th...

Supply Corps is not a hard to get if you’re well rounded. OCS wants their people to be well rounded.

If you have High GPA, High OAR, Great Letter of recommendations, great interviews, EP evals, and have done community service you'll make it.

If you have all that quotas will be the only thing that gets you. Supply takes a lot, surface takes 50 officers a year, and I’m not sure about OCEANOGRAPHY.

Let me know if you need help. I'll help you out anyway I can.

IT1(SW)

Status
Not open for further replies.