• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS PRT question and some other stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaerose

I was wondering, is the PRT at OCS done in the morning prior to breakfast, or is it later in the day? Also, for those of you who were there in the summer (August), what was the daily schedule like? What about run distances etc? With regards to the physical, if you see 20/20 overall, but slightly worse in one eye (20/25) will they make you wear glasses? I was also wondering how often you get to go to your cars and what free time was like (for studying etc.) before you secure? When you finally secure and get liberty, I know you must wear a uniform, but is that all the time...I mean, can you go to the beach, or play some basketball? Seems like it would be hard to do if you're in uniform. Thanks!

JR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke

dfflynn

Ok some answers to your Q's, PT is at 0515 everyday except Thurs. ans Sun. the PRT is done every week on Wed. at this time. The schedule during the summer is the same as the rest of the year. Running distances vary from 2 miles to 4 miles, there is one run called the beach run which is 5 miles or so but we only did that once while I was at OCS. No they won't make you wear glasses. You will get to go to your car at least once a week, more if you class liason is willing to take you, once you are secure you can go everyday if you class team lets you. For the most part after dinner you had for study, but there were often other things that needed to be done at this time as well. During your liberty you are free to go PT your self which means you are in your PT uniform and yes B-ball is PT, as far as going to the beach you would have to go in uniform change there and than return in uniform. I must say though if you think you will have enough time to be wasting it at the beach you would be WRONG, there will be other things you will be doing during down time (ie: RLP prep).

Dan

jaerose

Thanks for the gouge.

JR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke

goldwingdreams

I have a slighty off-topic question:

Are Midshipmen at OCS allowed to have laptops for study purposes or do they fall under the category of "Do Not Bring"?

I ask because I noticed AF Officer candidates are encouraged to bring them but I haven't seen a yay or nay on the issue from the Navy.

Thanks.

President Theodore Roosevelt

Status
Not open for further replies.