• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Process - Package to OCS

spolasek

I believe graduating and obtaining your undergraduate degree is a good enough reason to reapply, especially if you end up raising your GPA. Plus by that time you will have enough time to study and retake your OAR as well

Ok, so I have nothing to lose by applying early? That's comforting to know. I'm studying SUPER hard, I'm really banking on a pretty good ASTB score! Lol we'll see if that happens! I've been studying for the OAR for a few months now, given that I've just decided to go air and having to study the ENTIRE ASTB now, I feel pretty confident. It really only adds one section to study, given that the others aren't quite things that you can study. So, I don't feel as overwhelmed as I thought I would. Taking in two weeks should give me ample time. I'm still just worried about the mechanical score on the OAR portion. Do you know how they actually calculate the scores? I mean I know what I should be aiming for but I don't know how they're calculated.

spolasek

It would be a good reason to reapply.

Wonderful! That really is very comforting to know. I don't want to apply early (before I actually graduate) and then have to wait 6 months to apply again, you know. I'll graduate just shy of 2 months after the board convenes. So, I'd hate to waste time - as opposed to just applying once I actually graduate. After the January board for NFO, I don't see anything on the schedule- at least not for the first quarter of 21.

NevarYalnal

Wonderful! That really is very comforting to know. I don't want to apply early (before I actually graduate) and then have to wait 6 months to apply again, you know. I'll graduate just shy of 2 months after the board convenes. So, I'd hate to waste time - as opposed to just applying once I actually graduate. After the January board for NFO, I don't see anything on the schedule- at least not for the first quarter of 21.

as far as I am aware, the 6 month waiting period can be bypassed if there is a significant change to your applications (e.g. additional letters of recommendations or GPA boost), so you might not necessarily have to wait that long.

exNavyOffRec

There are few acceptable changes to reapply within 6 months, GPA and ASTB change.

It is possible that your first board you could get a N just due to low GPA and still in college, that has been a common theme over the years, however it you can apply to the board may as well do it to see if you get lucky.

spolasek

There are few acceptable changes to reapply within 6 months, GPA and ASTB change.

It is possible that your first board you could get a N just due to low GPA and still in college, that has been a common theme over the years, however it you can apply to the board may as well do it to see if you get lucky.

So, I get an N- am I not able to reapply ever?

spolasek

if you get a N you can reapply, just finish school and submit final grades.

if a person gets a N-DNR that means "do not return" in that circumstance you could not apply to that board again.

Ah! The DNR- got it! Ok, I see! So if one were to get a DNR, could they apply for another community? Therefore having it presented to another board?

spolasek

as far as I am aware, the 6 month waiting period can be bypassed if there is a significant change to your applications (e.g. additional letters of recommendations or GPA boost), so you might not necessarily have to wait that long.

Yes! That’s what I’m gathering! I feel more confident with applying early, now. Thank you for the insight!

spolasek

yes, there was a person here who rec'd a DNR who then applied for and was accepted by another designator.

Amazing! Thank you so much for all of your insight! Another random, maybe self explanatory question, would an age waiver or the denial of an age waiver (for air/ nfo...) be cause for DNR?

NevarYalnal

Amazing! Thank you so much for all of your insight! Another random, maybe self explanatory question, would an age waiver or the denial of an age waiver (for air/ nfo...) be cause for DNR?
well you wouldn't be able to submit in the first place until any waivers you needed were received; that just gets your package before the board.

a denial of a waiver would mean you would not be able to apply at all.

spolasek

well you wouldn't be able to submit in the first place until any waivers you needed were received; that just gets your package before the board.

a denial of a waiver would mean you would not be able to apply at all.

Yes! Makes sense! I feel like I knew that :/ Hm! Well, we shall see what they say about my waiver! If anything, I can still go for SWO or pursue/ obtain my masters (with a much better GPA) and then apply for Supply. Thank you again!