• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Prep Ft. McCoy

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Was up in Ft. McCoy (Army/NG reserve base) from Friday Sunday evening getting thrashed by SDIs from Quantico... great time :)

Any fellow nastythings :icon_wink here?

irishmc

we just did something similar in PA at FTIG this past weekend. it was a blast, glad they could do that for us.

jackrabbit

This candidate was there!
TJ Helmus, 3rd Platoon (3rd Squad), out of OSS Lincoln, NE.

Great time, but I'm really sore from the rope climbing.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
jackrabbit said:
This candidate was there!
TJ Helmus, 3rd Platoon (3rd Squad), out of OSS Lincoln, NE.

Great time, but I'm really sore from the rope climbing.

I was 1st Platoon.

I'm pretty hella tired and sore too man... I slept through all but one of my classes today I was so tired

spartan03

i too was a nastything. really glad i went because i now have a much better idea of what to expect at plc-comb.

too bad it was the weekend before finals.

bdhallsey

Candidate nasty reporting in...Gunnery Sargent!
1st Platoon
4th Squad then 1st Squad
OSS Champaign, IL

The inside of my right leg has seen about all the rope action it can handle for a while.

adam_burch

2nd platoon 3rd squad. Candidate Burchfield from Kansas City was there. Good times. The inside of my right leg is pretty tore up too. Oh well I'm MOTIVATED!

batman527

Banned
2nd Platoon (Gunnery Sargeant Danberry)
2nd Squad

Some dickhole in 1st Squad replied to a question from the Sargeant Instructor with "Yes, Gunny" while we were drilling after running the O-course. How exactly do sh*tbags like that ever expect to make it through OCS? They're going to get everyone killed. In that same drilling period, we ended up spending at least ten minutes with our left arm straight out and against the shoulder of the candidate next to us, everyone in the platoon felt it in the shoulder muscle the next day.

Overall, the weekend was a lot of fun, and highly educatiomous for my brain, cause I am smart, boy. But seriously, if anyone gets the opportunity to attend an OCS Prep Weekend, don't punk out on it. It is definitely going to help you out a LOT. But take the sh*t seriously. My platoon got into a lot of trouble because of half-assers out there, and those of us who are serious about this are going to hate you, and we're not even at the real thing yet.

Gunnery Sargeant Danberry Quote of the Weekend: "This stuff is at a seventh grade level. Do you all need a purple dinosaur to teach you this stuff?"

tbat15

"Some dickhole in 1st Squad replied to a question from the Sargeant Instructor with "Yes, Gunny" while we were drilling after running the O-course. How exactly do sh*tbags like that ever expect to make it through OCS? They're going to get everyone killed. In that same drilling period, we ended up spending at least ten minutes with our left arm straight out and against the shoulder of the candidate next to us, everyone in the platoon felt it in the shoulder muscle the next day.

Overall, the weekend was a lot of fun, and highly educatiomous for my brain, cause I am smart, boy. But seriously, if anyone gets the opportunity to attend an OCS Prep Weekend, don't punk out on it. It is definitely going to help you out a LOT. But take the sh*t seriously. My platoon got into a lot of trouble because of half-assers out there, and those of us who are serious about this are going to hate you, and we're not even at the real thing yet."

That "dickhole" may have been a prior enlisted Marine who had a brainfart while playing at the joke that is OCS Prep weekend. I've been to both Prep and the real thing. Remember at Prep they dont want to scare you away from going to OCS. Like you said you are pretty smart though. You know how to spell "Sargeant" and give out great advice. I've got some great advice for you. Don't be a smartass who thinks they have it all figured out and if you do have it figured out help those who do not. As you have hopefully learned (ie standing @open interval for 10 min) you will pay for others mistakes so it is to your benefit to help them out.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
DanielSon said:
2nd Platoon (Gunnery Sargeant Danberry)
2nd Squad

Some dickhole in 1st Squad replied to a question from the Sargeant Instructor with "Yes, Gunny" while we were drilling after running the O-course. How exactly do sh*tbags like that ever expect to make it through OCS? They're going to get everyone killed. In that same drilling period, we ended up spending at least ten minutes with our left arm straight out and against the shoulder of the candidate next to us, everyone in the platoon felt it in the shoulder muscle the next day.

This is a guarantee: Someday during training you'll be the dickhole. I hope your platoon is a little more understanding.

Greco

USMC Grappler
You just absolutely had to love that weekend. SSgt Wright was just "dog-gone" awesome. I know what you mean about getting pissed off when people don't know how to take simple orders, refer to Instructurs and Officers properly, and not jerk around. You just have to show them the right way w/o being a dick, because we're all going to have to rely on one another in OCS and in the Fleet after that.

Anyways, just had to love that Saturday morning PFT when some of us had no clue we should've put on our sweats. I was freezing my butt off and it cost me my 300 by a nasty 6 points.

19/100/18:04

The pull-ups got me just cause I wasn't warm and those damned bars sure do like to spin and move on you. Plus, what ticked me off is that a lot of people weren't going all the way down to the bottom and locking out (at least in my opinion), and I know I would've nailed some 20+ if I was doing it the way I saw others. Oh well, doesn't matter, no excuses.

3rd Platoon
1st Squad, #3
OSS Champaign, IL

I loved the entire weekend, and get a freaking mental hard-on when I get to do that stuff. The O-Course was a blast, I ripped through that thing like a hot knife through butter & my partner, Candidate Becker, and I just blasted through the Land Nav Course 3. All-in-all great time, plus I had the chance to get out there and let some cadences fly during our moto run Sunday.

"Hey there Army!" ... "Get in your tanks and follow me!" ... "I am Marine Corps Infantry!"

:-D

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Hey, I just filled my script for a tick I had taken out earlier today, I didn't even realize I had one until I got in the shower this morning.

I'd recommend you guys all check yourselves over, mine was on the back of my leg where I couldn't see it.

All I know is that you all are one chromosome short of down syndrome LOL

choxy

Hey guys, I was there at Ft. Mccoy this weekend too! I was 2nd Platoon, 2nd Squad, with GySgt Danberry! STL OSS!!! It was great, definately gave me a lot of info. Roger That Doc!!!