• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Personal Statement

parin365

Hey all, I have a feeling that will need to revise this, so I need your feedback on my statement for my OCS application packet. I am a civilian applying for either AMDO, SWO, CEC, SUPPO, or SEAL:

Members of the respective selection boards,

It is with absolute conviction that I write my personal and motivational statement for selection for Officer Candidate School.

“Ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.” The renowned adage from arguably one of the greatest men in U.S. history, President John F. Kennedy, is said to have inspired millions of Americans during unprecedented contentions. To this day, I believe that JFK’s legacy continues to inspire post-millennial Americans to give back to the community in some shape or form; I am no exception to this. As a young adult who has hailed multiple leadership experiences with varying skills & communities, had the chance to experience the ROTC program, and is currently discovering the ins & outs of taking on engineering research, I learned early on that all these undertakings were meant to put service before ourselves. Having been born in the United States, I now desire to take my life one step further by joining the Armed Forces, particularly as an officer in the United States Navy.

During my time at the university, I have been affiliated with countless service organizations, both military and/or civilian. A prime example is that I am proud to hold the lead service position within the Silver Wings Challenger Chapter, a joint civil-military organization that endorses knowledge, wisdom, and the courage to serve. As one of the officers, my goal was to make a lasting impression on the chapter’s reputation within the city of Daytona Beach, and this was executed with the spirit of discipline. Since the time of my initiation into the Chapter, I conducted over 10 events that provided the underprivileged few, displaced veterans, and active duty personnel & their families, with 500+ care packages, live entertainment, and prayer gatherings, to give them hope for the future of our nation. The chapter even publicly recognized me via social media as an illustrative example of an effective leader, who multitasks both the demand & brutality of academic rigor in aerospace engineering and the dedication & sacrifice of my leisure time. Thanks to the team in the chapter and our common goal, my longing to once again bounce back from early setbacks to courageously see a different, yet competitive, path for a commission has been restored. My university is also famed for its groundbreaking research in innovations. I am proud to have completed two major collaborative research projects in different fields of engineering, one of which dealt with incorporating electrical, software, and aerospace knowledge to simulate the lighting sequence of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. It is worth mentioning that the execution phase happened during the final weeks of the semester with a heavy time crunch on assignments & exams. I was fortunate to emerge as a leader when I successfully dichotomized the project into milestones and tasks to be taken on by members with various skills.

The camaraderie of the Navy looks to be one of the best ones ever seen. Being an officer in the branch will allow me to yet again shine as a leader and put service before myself. I am fortunate to have grown up in a family in a nation where anything is possible, as long as one is willing to do whatever it takes to make his/her goal a reality. I am very much seeking this opportunity and will not disappoint the citizens of the United States and the world. If selected to be an officer in either the Aerospace Maintainance, Surface Warfare, Civil Engineering Corps, Supply Corps, or SEAL community, I plan on bringing the utmost and upstanding selfless attitude to the wardroom.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

exNavyOffRec

You should figure out what you want to do, SEAL and CEC will look for statements tailored for them, while SWO and Supply if you meet immediate selection requirements they won't read the statement. 3 maybe 4 of those designators will often only pick you if you list them as your first choice. If looking at CEC do you have an qualifying degree and your EIT?

parin365

You should figure out what you want to do, SEAL and CEC will look for statements tailored for them, while SWO and Supply if you meet immediate selection requirements they won't read the statement. 3 maybe 4 of those designators will often only pick you if you list them as your first choice. If looking at CEC do you have an qualifying degree and your EIT?
I don't have a EIT license yet, but I will be graduating with a degree in aerospace engineering. Ik it's not exactly civil, but I specialize in structures & material analysis for AE.

exNavyOffRec

I don't have a EIT license yet, but I will be graduating with a degree in aerospace engineering. Ik it's not exactly civil, but I specialize in structures & material analysis for AE.
They like to see an EIT since as a CEC officer you would then be working toward a PE.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey all, I have a feeling that will need to revise this, so I need your feedback on my statement for my OCS application packet. I am a civilian applying for either AMDO, SWO, CEC, SUPPO, or SEAL:

Members of the respective selection boards,

It is with absolute conviction that I write my personal and motivational statement for selection for Officer Candidate School.

“Ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.” The renowned adage from arguably one of the greatest men in U.S. history, President John F. Kennedy, is said to have inspired millions of Americans during unprecedented contentions. To this day, I believe that JFK’s legacy continues to inspire post-millennial Americans to give back to the community in some shape or form; I am no exception to this. As a young adult who has hailed multiple leadership experiences with varying skills & communities, had the chance to experience the ROTC program, and is currently discovering the ins & outs of taking on engineering research, I learned early on that all these undertakings were meant to put service before ourselves. Having been born in the United States, I now desire to take my life one step further by joining the Armed Forces, particularly as an officer in the United States Navy.

During my time at the university, I have been affiliated with countless service organizations, both military and/or civilian. A prime example is that I am proud to hold the lead service position within the Silver Wings Challenger Chapter, a joint civil-military organization that endorses knowledge, wisdom, and the courage to serve. As one of the officers, my goal was to make a lasting impression on the chapter’s reputation within the city of Daytona Beach, and this was executed with the spirit of discipline. Since the time of my initiation into the Chapter, I conducted over 10 events that provided the underprivileged few, displaced veterans, and active duty personnel & their families, with 500+ care packages, live entertainment, and prayer gatherings, to give them hope for the future of our nation. The chapter even publicly recognized me via social media as an illustrative example of an effective leader, who multitasks both the demand & brutality of academic rigor in aerospace engineering and the dedication & sacrifice of my leisure time. Thanks to the team in the chapter and our common goal, my longing to once again bounce back from early setbacks to courageously see a different, yet competitive, path for a commission has been restored. My university is also famed for its groundbreaking research in innovations. I am proud to have completed two major collaborative research projects in different fields of engineering, one of which dealt with incorporating electrical, software, and aerospace knowledge to simulate the lighting sequence of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. It is worth mentioning that the execution phase happened during the final weeks of the semester with a heavy time crunch on assignments & exams. I was fortunate to emerge as a leader when I successfully dichotomized the project into milestones and tasks to be taken on by members with various skills.

The camaraderie of the Navy looks to be one of the best ones ever seen. Being an officer in the branch will allow me to yet again shine as a leader and put service before myself. I am fortunate to have grown up in a family in a nation where anything is possible, as long as one is willing to do whatever it takes to make his/her goal a reality. I am very much seeking this opportunity and will not disappoint the citizens of the United States and the world. If selected to be an officer in either the Aerospace Maintainance, Surface Warfare, Civil Engineering Corps, Supply Corps, or SEAL community, I plan on bringing the utmost and upstanding selfless attitude to the wardroom.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Welcome to the page, make sure you do a quick search before posting. There’s already a mega thread dedicated to this: