• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS pay

DimndDave14

I was just wondering what is the pay grade while in OCS? Is it direct deposit bi-monthly or do you get one check after you graduate?

tegtag

Yes, E-5 (Sgt.) but from my experience it depends.

If you are a prior then it will be direct deposit as your pay has been your whole career.

For those of us who weren't priors (and I'm talking OCC and PLC-C) they wouldn't put us on direct deposit. They were working on getting the OCCer's on direct deposit as soon as possible throughout the cycle but in never happened.

So... if you are OCC and will be commissioned bring a direct deposit form. Make sure it is the right kind as my OSO gave me an incorrect version. They may have worked things out and can get OCCer's on DD sometime during OCS but be prepared to take home $3500 in govt checks like us PLCer's.

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
If you can swing it, try to get on direct deposit before you leave for OCS. I enrolled in direct deposit so I could receive the FAP stipend between PLC Jrs and Srs, and when I went back last summer for Srs, they just deposited my OCS pay into that account.

Also, when I was there this summer, they would not enroll PLCers who brought the direct deposit slips with them, so try to get it done before you leave. Just food for thought.

tperng

jamnww said:
E-5
direct deposit on the 1st and 15th

Is it still E-5 pay level for people without prior service? If I remember correctly, my enlistment contract said that candidates are paid at the E-4 Corporal level during OCS.

And will they allow direct deposit into any bank account?

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
tperng said:
Is it still E-5 pay level for people without prior service? If I remember correctly, my enlistment contract said that candidates are paid at the E-4 Corporal level during OCS.

Unless they changed it in the 2 months since I graduated OCS, all non-prior service candidates were paid at the E-5 pay grade. Different story for priors.

And read the earlier posts about setting up direct deposit.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
tperng said:

See TegTags remark below...

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
I like how the first post after the question, answered what he asked, but a bunch other people had to answer with the same thing.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Actually, they didn't answer with the same thing, just added a bit more information. Nothing wrong with that, it was all good gouge.