• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Packing List

Trev82

pilot
so 1/2" block letters all caps stamp of last name, sounds good. Conaway where are you going to get that? Kinkos, staples?

OCSCAND

I just ordered one off of staples.com. They have an application on there where you pick the font and the size of the stamp. Its pretty easy to do and its only around $15.

Conaway

Walked into OfficeMax this afternoon and went to the copy and print store. 1/2'' custom name stamp, $20.

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
You'll be issued PT shirts and shorts once you get to OCS. It won't do you any good to have them early since you won't know your company or platoon until you get there, not to mention you won't have a stencil.

However, the self inking stamp is a must have. It would have saved me a ton of sleep. Sleep is good.

bradler

You have to put your name on damn near everything with 1/2'' medical tape. My friend said she put all her strips of tape on her wall locker and then she could just stamp her name on all the strips. While all the while, everyone else is filling in letters of their name on tape with a stencil. Saves lots of time! That reminds me, get some clear 1/2'' medical tape too to put over the top of your name once you have stamped it. Keeps it from rubbing off or fading!

Whole name or just last name? Sounds like a good idea.

Conaway

Directions for the self-inking stamp:
Last name only, all caps, black, block letters and have it fit into a 1/2'' wide piece of athletic tape. To be completely clear, if you want it to fit into 1/2'' space, the letters are going to have be smaller than that.

Ground&Pound

I have a feeling that buying a bunch of this stuff would come in handy at least once or twice during OCS so to me its worth it. During Pick up however it seems like a lot of this stuff could be easily lost. I have 3 questions:

• Will their be time/opportunity to mark all of ones belongings before the pick-up/dump?
  • Would it be wise to have some of this stuff sent to me to advoid losing it?
  • If its marked and found by someone else are you likely to get it back?

Conaway

I have a feeling that buying a bunch of this stuff would come in handy at least once or twice during OCS so to me its worth it. During Pick up however it seems like a lot of this stuff could be easily lost. I have 3 questions:

• Will their be time/opportunity to mark all of ones belongings before the pick-up/dump?
  • Would it be wise to have some of this stuff sent to me to advoid losing it?
  • If its marked and found by someone else are you likely to get it back?

1. Yes, we'll have 3 days of sitting around filling out paperwork, getting shots, etc. When not filling stuff out, we will have time to mark everything, so say the LT's at my OSO office.
2. That's personal preference. I personally don't want to bother with it. To avoid heartache from lost stuff, I'm not bringing anything that I would die if I lost.
3. Most likely. Unless they're a total douche bag, rip the name off and claim it as their own. Don't worry about people like that. They will weed themselves out when they decide they are too important to share and help others. Kindergarten, Sharing 101.

Hope that helps.

docholiday

You'll be issued PT shirts and shorts once you get to OCS. It won't do you any good to have them early since you won't know your company or platoon until you get there, not to mention you won't have a stencil.

However, the self inking stamp is a must have. It would have saved me a ton of sleep. Sleep is good.

So then there's no need for taking PT shorts and shirts? Cause all this stuff is starting to add up.

Conaway

So then there's no need for taking PT shorts and shirts? Cause all this stuff is starting to add up.

Do what you want, but I am going to buy 2 or 3 pairs of silkies. I'm not buying green on green PT gear, because like he said, it's issued. The silkies however, I know everyone wears as underwear and it will probably be nice to have a few extra pairs.