• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Packing List

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Good luck Trev and all you other 196ers. Any of you thought about keeping a blog while there? I understand there's a computer in the barber shop that has internet access or you could on your libo. It'd be cool to have weekly updates. Just a thought.

Nobody's going to have access to a computer, or have time to keep a blog on libo after the third week. Besides all it would say is:

Week One: "I'm tired and hungry. This sucks,I shouldn't be here, I want to
go home."
Week Two: "I totally f***ed up my first billet, I'm so getting sent home"
Week Three: "I'm tired and hungry, my shins hurt"
Etc.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Good luck guys. I'm sure some of you West Coast guys are getting on a plane tonight, I look forward to meeting you all. I'm on a plane out of Pensacola at 0617 tomorrow morning.

Μολών λαβέ

mc282000

Nobody's going to have access to a computer, or have time to keep a blog on libo after the third week. Besides all it would say is:

Week One: "I'm tired and hungry. This sucks,I shouldn't be here, I want to
go home."
Week Two: "I totally f***ed up my first billet, I'm so getting sent home"
Week Three: "I'm tired and hungry, my shins hurt"
Etc.

I have seen atleast one guy post while he's there on the marineocs.com website (I've hear there's a cpu in the barber shop and internet cafe's in town on libo) and I've read a few blogs kept by guys at TBS. I just think it would be cool to "read" it through the eyes of the guys we've been conversing with for the past few months. Its always a bit different when you hear about it from someone you're somewhat familiar with, rather than a stranger you've never talked to. Either way, I'm sure they'll have plenty of stories upon their return.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
OCS stories are always interesting. Yours will pale all others in comparison. Nobody in their right mind would go anywhere near the OCS barber shop in a candidate status (it's in the CP).

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
Not the Barber Shop at Brown Field, but there are many in Q-town, I'm sure that at least one of them has computer access. Now, why a candidate would go to the barber shop on libo when they go during the day at OCS (except possibly for the graduation hair cut) is beyond me. They also have internet access at some of the candidate hangouts in Q-town, so it is possible. I wouldn't recommend it though; use what little libo you have to eat real food (Globe & Laurel) and sleep in a real bed in a hotel.