• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS packing list 2022

villo0692

What’s the deal with running shoes? Any regulation that is allowed or are you wearing the issued ones
you don’t get “issued” shoes at OCS, you’re expected to have them once you get there. Just use common sense, running shoes, in good condition, hopefully not outrageous colors. They will inspect your shoes, and if they are not proper running shoes, the candios will take you to buy a proper pair, of course as soon as your class team authorizes that. Don’t be that person

bcal

you don’t get “issued” shoes at OCS, you’re expected to have them once you get there. Just use common sense, running shoes, in good condition, hopefully not outrageous colors. They will inspect your shoes, and if they are not proper running shoes, the candios will take you to buy a proper pair, of course as soon as your class team authorizes that. Don’t be that person
Should or are we even allowed to bring other shoes besides running shoes and boots? We shouldn’t need to bring more than just a pair of running shoes and boots, right?
Thanks

Mouselovr

Contributor
What’s the deal with running shoes? Any regulation that is allowed or are you wearing the issued ones
Don't get anything that will make you stand out. Just good ole' running shoes. Make sure they arent trail runner or things with cleats on the bottom. Theyll make you get another pair.

Other shoes for what? The discotheque? No, running shoes and approved boots for your NWUs
Bring your best pair of dancing shoes. Don't you remember all the nights recreating the elaborate party ball scenes from An Officer and a Gentleman?

villo0692

Bring your best pair of dancing shoes. Don't you remember all the nights recreating the elaborate party ball scenes from An Officer and a Gentleman?
Okay I’ll say it now, once and for all….I am a Naval Officer and Student Naval Aviator….who has never watched An Officer and a Gentleman….

I did watch Wings of Gold (no further comment)

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
A pillow is definitely overkill, but a fleece blanket is a must. Nimitz hall was real cold during December/January.
Nimitz cold in December/January? Its fine. Even King Hall was comfortable in December/January.

A blanket is necessary to avoid sleeping under the sheets. Which we all did. Every night. And remade our racks before 0500 reveille.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Should or are we even allowed to bring other shoes besides running shoes and boots? We shouldn’t need to bring more than just a pair of running shoes and boots, right?
Thanks
No need for anything extra.

Keep in mind you’re going to be receiving/buying a ton of uniforms, items, and whatnot while you’re in Newport. Adding more unnecessary crap makes it more difficult after you graduate.

Like @villo0692 said, he had 3 sea bags, two garment bags, and other bags. I left with 2 full sea bags, a large suitcase, a garment bag, duffel, and backpack.

villo0692

No need for anything extra.

Keep in mind you’re going to be receiving/buying a ton of uniforms, items, and whatnot while you’re in Newport. Adding more unnecessary crap makes it more difficult after you graduate.

Like @villo0692 said, he had 3 sea bags, two garment bags, and other bags. I left with 2 full sea bags, a large suitcase, a garment bag, duffel, and backpack.
Hello Ben!