• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS packet tabled for next board

Nicholas Ladolcetta

I read some prior posting about packets getting tabled but most seemed to be quite a few years back. Figured to post this in case anything has changed.

My recruiter got back to me a few minutes ago and told me my OCS packet (naval aviator) wasn't rejected or accepted, but tabled for the next board.

She feels very optimistic about this, stating that this was likely due to a lack of available seats, and that if they didn't like my packet they would have just rejected me. By that same logic thought, I feel they also didn't like me enough to take immediately, but just enough to see how i measure up against next boards applicants. Overall, she tells me my prospects are looking very good for the January board.

Thoughts? My head is telling me to be optimistic but my gut feels pessimistic. For now I'm going with the notion I should feel neither. We'll see come January.

exNavyOffRec

I was probably just not sent in on time for the board, it happens, the processors at NRC and NPC only have so much time in a day to get applications reviewed.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I read some prior posting about packets getting tabled but most seemed to be quite a few years back. Figured to post this in case anything has changed.

My recruiter got back to me a few minutes ago and told me my OCS packet (naval aviator) wasn't rejected or accepted, but tabled for the next board.

She feels very optimistic about this, stating that this was likely due to a lack of available seats, and that if they didn't like my packet they would have just rejected me. By that same logic thought, I feel they also didn't like me enough to take immediately, but just enough to see how i measure up against next boards applicants. Overall, she tells me my prospects are looking very good for the January board.

Thoughts? My head is telling me to be optimistic but my gut feels pessimistic. For now I'm going with the notion I should feel neither. We'll see come January.

This is the first time happening for Pilot/NFO boards. I agree with @NavyOffRec's reasoning and another possibility might be that enough spots were taken but they felt a certain few are worthy for future consideration.