• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS locker setup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lthackston

Yeah, there's really no point in knowing ahead of time. It's not like you have to have it memorized. If you want to memorize something, learn the Big 4. Once you move into the Batts you can read your OCR to figure out where everything goes.

buddyy777

practice helps

If you dont know just say you dont know, It would be good to know as much as possible before arriving

Minnie

They aren't saying that they don't know ... merely that trying to explain it to you in words without showing you would be both cumbersome and pointless. I know they say that knowledge is power, but OCS is a training environment and is designed to teach you and allow you to screw up a few times. Fear is a great motivator!

By the way, did you get your final select?

DairyCreamer

buddyy777 said:
If you dont know just say you dont know, It would be good to know as much as possible before arriving

To be perfectly honest, with all the gouge floating around out there, who's to say it doesn't change year to year, or even class to class?

Also, I am somewhat skeptical of the sentiment of the more you know the better. Of course have the Big 4 down cold, and anything else they (recruiter mostly) tell you to memorize ahead of time. The rest of it though, it seems that even if you "know" how to do it right, you'll be doing it wrong regardless if it's spot on perfect.

All speculation on this side of course, but with thoughts of attending OCS floating through my head regularly, I think it would be better to be ghost-candidateish than appear to have gouged every little detail on earth prior to arrival. If you go in doing things the way they used to be done because someone told you how to do it before you went there, you'll stand out, and not necessarily in a good way.

I vote for letting it come at you and use it as an experience to learn by. Not say don't be prepared, just not uber-paranoia-over-prepared. There's a system there for a reason.

That said though, I wouldn't mind learning how to do a hospital corner ahead of time. I can make my bed at home, but I'm sure it's pure slop compared to OCS regs :)

~Nate

It will be more important to start the memorization stuff than worry about the locker. Your DI will show and explain how to do it 5 times and it still wont be right.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
And if anyone has the EP's and Limits for the JSF, please send them my way.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
Here's an example, now stop sweating it, you have 6 weeks now to get it together. No more 4th week RLP.
This is 8th week RLP:
DSCN0118sm.jpg

lthackston

Really? No more 4th week? Isn't 6th week the first PI? I know OCS was cut down to 12 weeks, but how much has really changed? What weeks do the major evolutions happen now (ie RLPs, PIs, Drill Comp). Sounds like there is only on RLP now. Interesting.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
i've only been in the Navy 2.5 years and already I'm feeling old... All the DI's, Chiefs at OCS are gone/retired and the format has changed a bit.. now they want to move it to Rhode Island? I feel like I'm on a fast track to becoming an old fogey and talking about the "good ol' days"

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
have they actually done away with 4th week, they were talking aout it when I graduated, but they hadn't impleminted it.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
Yep, first event is the 5th week PI, then 6th week RLP w/out the officer portion. Then I believe everything else is the same (dont know though). Talked to my DI about a week ago about it and he said they are trying it out so it may not stick. I think its stupid. They also don't have to be out for PT until 0525 now instead of 0510. So they can stay in the rack until reveille. Gonna be a cake walk around there pretty soon.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
This is most depressing. Is it true that they don't wear dress shoes during drill at first?

If they don't have the officer portion, who asks the gouge questions?

Is the candio phase still two weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.