• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS length and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

trongod46

pilot
what is exactly on the fartlek run, i know it means speed play, is that were you do workout stations every so often along the way?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Best part of the Fartlek: Getting halfway through the excercise set and the Sergeant Instructor takes off running. The squad finishes and sprints to catch up just as the SI hits the next station. Repeat until sick. Damn I miss it.

Shadow9660

a little off topic, but which Thorlo socks did everyone buy...the hiking kind or the running kind? and what color? thanks

fighterfemme24

Courtney:
Hey, I just went to PLC Jrs. 1st Incrememnt summer 2004, and the big thing I can tell you about on the upper body stregth thing is to make sure you can climb the rope! Its a big thing in passing most of your PT tests. I know PT overall is a lot harder in combined and Senior PLC training compared to my experience so far, but climbing the rope is key for upper body strength, and its also the big thing females struggle with there.

RyanVR

I strongly recommend the S method for the rope climbs rather than the others.

Best way I can describe S method in text:

start with rope between both legs.

take left foot to right side of rope and right foot to left side of rope so your legs are kinda making an X with the rope between.

now, with your right foot push the rope down across your left foot until the rope forms an S around your feet and your right foot is now to the right of your left.

stand up-grab higher up on rope repeat steps and gain height by getting the brake as high up as you can before standing up.

and yes, the bridge sucks especially if your platoon is towards the end of the company and you're on the little end.

Semper Fi,
Candidate Von Rembow
PLC 186-C
Alpha Company 5th Platoon

Clux4

Banned
the rope han?
I have never had enough patients to learn the 'S' method or the many others we were taught. I just grab on and use upper-body, it definitely saves time on the obstacle course. I have of peoples boots sliding off the rope becauce it is too wet. Whatever you do, just get up the rope otherwise you will be getting a 'rope fail chit'.

trongod46

pilot
thats what im talkin about clux, grab the damn rope and pull up, if you can do 20 pullups you can pull yourself up a fat 50 foot rope. now if your a stud take two ropes one in each hand go up by shimming yourself up, any SI's show that to you??

Clux4

Banned
A few Platoon commanders want to show their worth and so they take two ropes and run up the thing.
Our Company Commander at PLC juniors could not even climb the rope and I wast trying to figure out his explanation and why he would support a "rope fail chit"

Clux4

Banned
I can't say that on a public forum. I am absolutely serious about this, I was really shocked when we all realised this. Our platoon commander was trying to help him out on one occassion.

Status
Not open for further replies.