• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS in July

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFO Wife

HI! I am new to this website! My husband is going to OCS in July. Does anyone else have a spouse going at this time?

NFOwife

Aviator Spouse
Sorry, not an ocs wife but I just wanted to say when I saw your screen name as a recent poster, I was confused and thought "I didn't post a question about OCS!" but then I realized that it wasn't me! Welcome to the forums!

NFO Wife

NFOwife said:
Sorry, not an ocs wife but I just wanted to say when I saw your screen name as a recent poster, I was confused and thought "I didn't post a question about OCS!" but then I realized that it wasn't me! Welcome to the forums!

I didn't realize there was someone who already had that username :icon_mi_1 Sorry. Being that you are a NFO wife, is your husband gone alot?

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
Oooo...this will get REAL confusing....two NFO Wives! If you want (whomever isn't already in the PSC) request to be a part of the Private Spouse's Corner and we can add the new NFO Wife in there. Just a suggestion- it might be easier to change your name and add a # or something to make it easier. Just a suggestion. :icon_mi_1

NFOwife

Aviator Spouse
How long your NFO husband is gone will depend on what type of aircraft he flies. My NFO went jets, and was part of a carrier air wing. So, basically, for about 6 months before a scheduled deployment, he was gone for about 3 months on/off as part of the work up cycle (partly in fallon, partly on the ship). Then, he went on a 6 month deployment. That sucked big time. This is durng the sea tour which is 3 years long. If your husband is in OCS right now, first he'll finish that, go to API, Primary, etc. and eventually get his NFO wings (it took my husband about a year to get his wings from the start of API, there was no IFS at that time). Then, they go to the FRS (rag) for about 10 months (roughly) to learn their specific aircraft. So, my husband wasn't actually in his fleet squadron for a sea tour for about 2 years from the start of API. After the sea tour (meaning 1-2 deployments, 1 if you are lucky timing wise when you show up!) then you go to your shore tour. Usually back to a training squadron so most FO's go to Pensacola or if they are lucky, back to the FRS as an instructor. Then, after the 2 1/2 year shore tour, I think they do a disassociated sea tour in preparation to be a dept. head in their next sea tour. This is for jets- other platforms have different deployment schedules, depending on what your husband wants to fly.
Best of luck and if I (or my husband) can answer any of your questions, let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.