• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS - IFS - API

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_aslam

Does anyone have an idea the length of time in-between completing OCS to IFS, and then completing IFS to API for a SNA? How long does IFS take to complete? Can you start IFS on your own right after OCS? I'm hoping that my fiancé can get stashed near our home in CA, rather than have to wait around for API in Pensacola.

I understand that the Navy will not move me, once married, to P-cola until he finishes API and starts Primary. Can anyone verify that that is correct?

Stephanie

adam

SNA, VT-21
you have 60 days to complete ifs and the average time is about a month. the record was 16 days when i finished back in december. classes start weekly, and you are eligible to start after you check aboard at nasc and complete your prt and a few other small administrative details. you are not eligible for oharp or other tad back at home except for maybe some extreme case like your wife is pregnant or your mom is dying...plus you never know, by the time he finishes ocs and ifs, there may not even be much of a wait for api.

s_aslam

Do you get into "the pool" to start API after graduating OCS, or after completing IFS? What is oharp? I noticed that you just got married Dec 28, congrats! Is you wife going to stay in IL while you go off to OCS? We're getting married on July 4, 2003 here in Southern CA.

Stephanie

Status
Not open for further replies.