• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS graduation gift

mugs018

NFO wife
I am very new to the military world, and my boyfriend is supposed to graduate from OCS in Pensacola in about a month. I'm looking for suggestions as to what would be an appropriate gift to get him. Is there anything that they traditionally get? Anything that I can find or order online quickly?

scarnuts

OUCH!
You don't need to get him anything material. All he needs, and my wife will attest to this, is good old "affection". Seriously, that is all I got and that is all I needed.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Have you considered buying him a new handgun? I think a quality handgun would be a totally appropriate gift for a new officer.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
SIG-Sauer_P226.jpg

I would rather get one of these...if I didn't already have one.

scarnuts

OUCH!
Scar, that was soooo touching..... if you feel like throwing some money into a sword, it is a nice gift.

That is exactly what you will be doing, throwing money away. He can buy that later in his career, when he might use it. Other than that, it is just an expensive ornament. I am sure Vette has one though.;) If you want to spend that kind of money, then stick with the firearm. Always a favorite.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
I'll second the not getting him anything part. If you go with a Navy-esque gift, it is almost guaranteed to be not what he wanted/needed/wrong size/style et cetera. The only thing I wish my wife would have got for my graduation was a silver dollar to give to my first salute (and I asked her to, damn it). :banghead_ Oh well, my first salute was her Dad anyway.

Cheers/ Paul

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Seriously, if he's like me he'll be ecstatic that his girl is willing to stick with him through the whole ordeal. Women like that aren't all that common. Just being there would be enough, I think.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
I'm getting my DB a Navy Peacoat. He asked for it.

I can count on 1 hand the number of times I wore a peacoat, most were at RTC. Also, could you tell me what "DB" stands for? All I can think of is a femenine hygeine product. :icon_eek:

Paul