• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Fighter pilot

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Serious answer: no. The Air Force has aircraft that are primarily fighters, the F-22 and F-15C. The Navy has aircraft that are strike aircraft as a primary mission. Now I'm a helo guy, so I'm going to shut up now about pointy-nosed aircraft before I bullshit any more, but there is a greater chance of becoming a pilot in the Navy than in the Air Force. And beyond that, there's a much greater chance of becoming a line officer who can actually take command of a front-line combatant (ship, sub, aircraft, platoon of hooyahs) in the Navy. In the Air Force, you can be selected out of your commissioning source to be an acquisitions officer... which will sound great to you when you have like 6 kids in 10 years and you want to settle down, but not right out the gate.