• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ocs-documents To Bring To Ocs

youearnedit

If I am married and have a step-daughter should I bring her birth cert? The OCS site says to bring dependants documents. Does this apply to a step-child? Also, it says to bring a rental agreement for BAH...can this be a simple written statement? Anyone?

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Questions probably better directed at an OSO.
There shouldn't be any need to bring the original documents, so I would strongly advise copies of all unless otherwise instructed.
BAH at OCS? What's this Navy coming to?

bldcheetah

I have taken a look at all of the info out there that is available an I have talked to several officers about the things you need to bring to OCS and I would highly encourage you to bring your rental agreement (your lease agreement is usually obtainable thruogh your landlord. Worse come to worse, just go to office depot for the genaric lease paperwork and have your landlord fill it out and sign it.) or your mortgage paperwork. As for the child dependent issue, just bring a copy of the birth cert, as it really cant hurt.

birdman

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Youearnedit, if you're active duty, the Navy should continue to pay your BAH. If you're inactive, I don't believe you'll get geo-bachelor BAH for your family for the 6 or 10 weeks you're there, and don't expect to be able to live off-base with them while you're at OCS.
I apologize for implying that you were going to Navy OCS. Best of luck to you.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
If I am married and have a step-daughter should I bring her birth cert? The OCS site says to bring dependants documents. Does this apply to a step-child? Also, it says to bring a rental agreement for BAH...can this be a simple written statement? Anyone?

You rate BAH while at OCS since you're married. Go ahead and bring your rental agreement/proof of housing with you, but I doubt they'll look at it. I brought mine, but never had to use it. I did, however, require an official copy of my marriage certificate, which I am sure was used to qualify me for BAH in addition to proof of marriage. As stated earlier, your OSO should have a checklist or something prior to leaving OCS that should help you satisfy all their admin requirements. Best of luck, man.

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
If the mother has legal custody of the child and you are married to the mother. Then you must bring the documents to OCS with you. Therefore, she can be added to your records as a dependent. Bring a copy of both of their birth certificates, social security cards, marrige certificate, and have them certified true copies by the OSO before you arrive. I hope that helps.