• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS disqualification

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeprent

I am in the process of sending my package away to apply for OCS. The problem is that I have a DUI conviction on my record that happened almost 6 years ago. I have my degree and passed the ASTB. I want to know if anyone knows if this DUI conviction will disqualify me for OCS.

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
How strong is your package otherwise? Have you explained the DUI and responsible driving since somewhere in the app? I have a friend who got caught smoking marijuana when he was 18 and it didn't affect his application except that he had to explain himself in any interview he gave. Don't know exactly about DUIs, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try? What did your recruiter have to say?

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
not too sure off hand, but i think its one of those things that can't have happened within the last X amount of years

aviatorMatt

I'm going for USMC OCS, and I know a guy who even got a pilot slot with a DUI. He had a Pretty strong package, but he still got that pilot slot. As long as you look like you've excercised good moral character since that event, I would bet you'd be ok. I don't know much about the Navy's programs, but thats what I know through the USMC.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
DUI, Disqualified? Probably not. Make it tougher for selection? Most likely. You have some convincing to do, so be prepared to shine bright.

joeprent

A, thanks for the input men/women. Yeah my recruiter said that I have a good chance, but I didn't really want to go off that. That was a time in my life when I was young and didn't give a f***. After that happened, I decided it was time to clear my head, start praying, and go back to school. I am a 26 year old black man from the Southside of Chicago, Ill. My GPA is 3.8, and I really want to get into the Supply community. I have not done anything or gotten into any trouble since then (I basically turned into a lame, with my life only consisting of school and work). I just don't want to set my mind on this officer thing, only to get rejected. But thanks for looking out for me. Any other suggestions/ inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.