• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ocs dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurecruit

Are ocs slots in general filled up for the next six months? Can someone who applies now still get in before june?

Mahler

Yes, OCS classes are filling up fast right now. A couple of us are trying to get later OCS dates (ones not so close to our graduation) and they're telling us July is the next available date. Unfortunatally, that's a bit to long for the Navy to pay us to do nothing. There is another guy graduating with us in April, and he just got assigned to an August OCS class!!! The big thing with aviators now is that the airlines aren't hiring as much because of recent events and a lot of people are going the military route again - at least that's what they're telling us.

James

James

mattlowery

Nurecruit,

i was told when i submitted my application a few weeks ago that all billets were gone until July. Well, i went ahead and submitted my package expecting a date in July, and well, I am going March 23rd. I think that happened with a couple of us on here. It took me about 1-1.5 weeks to get a decision. As far as I know, all billets are taken until July. The last billets that were open were NFO billets, but i imagine they've filled all of them by now. I think they are getting a higher volume of applicants these days with the economy the way it is, etc. People are looking for job security, but they have to remember that the Navy is still very selective in whom it selects to become a Naval officer. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.