• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Date is approaching for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

cod17

I was accepted into the BDCP in June of 2001, and I recently graduated college May of 2003. My OCS date was moved from the latter part of June 2003 to 1 Nov 2003. I was told by a fellow OCS classmate about this site, so I thought I would try it out. I was wondering if someone could either: a.)Provide me with insight as to how best to prepare for a successful completion of OCS, or b.) let me know if you are in the same class as I am. I am in the aviation pipeline, more specifically, as an aviator. Also, to better prepare myself for the content of OCS, I would like to know what percentage deals with indoctrination, aviation, basic navigation, swimming, etc. Basically, I would just like to hear someone who has experienced OCS as a potential aviator, such as myself (I have talked OCS with a person who graduated as a nuke officer, so I would imagine that the content of the OCS class for potential aviators is different than that of potential nuke officers. Thanks and have a good day.

atonavy

Navy OCS is set up to train you how to be an officer. Nukes, supply, and potential aviators all go through pretty much the same thing. The only difference I can remember is that the SNA's and SNFO's had to go to the pool a little bit more. As far as what to expect, if you read the posts here you will notice a common theme. Navy OCS is very physical. You will run alot, get mashed, and you will constantly be under the pressure of not having enough time to complete every task assigned. So my first recomendation would be to show up in the best possible shape. All that means is you have one less thing to worry about, and you can devote your attention to inspections and classes. The classes are no joke. You have to study, but if you study and pay attention during the review sessions(i.e. the material on the tests) you'll be fine. The worst thing you can do is show up in bad shape. All that does is bring your name to the attention of the DI's, and drastically increases the chances of injury. If you get injured there, you pretty much stay until you are healed. People have turned what should take 13 weeks into a year or more. I'm not trying to scare anyone, just trying to give you the opportunity to prepare. Anyway, good luck. The time goes by fast. I should be gettin winged when you go. Time has flown by.

cod17

Thanks for the insight, any and all is much appreciated. Good luck to you on your aviation career.

Status
Not open for further replies.