• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Contract

DimndDave14

I was wondering if it is possible to apply for a air and ground contract for the same OCS class. Just if you didnt get accepted for one or the other and you would put a preference on which you wanted first. Like with the Navy. I emailed my OSO but he is out of the office for a couple of days and thought I would get a quicker response from here.

If it is possible what has to be done?

Also I have to get a waiver it has nothing to do with be physically qualified but do the waiver process has started and for that do they need to know what the contract is going to be?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Trev82

pilot
dave

i'm having a hard time interpreting your second ?, you may want to rephrase that so its a little clearer. As far as your first question, yes, you can apply for both air and ground, you can apply for pilot, nfo, and ground all for the same board.....usually looks pretty good when you do that b/c it shows the selection officers you don't really mind what you get selected for all you want is to be a Marine. However make sure your certain you want to be a pilot, or you want to go ground if you apply for all three b/c if you apply for all three who knows which one you'll get.....

NapalmRat

As far as what I can tell your second question is asking: no you don't have to know what contract you are to get ur waiver done. They may project contract you're going to be on it, but it can change. All they're looking for is to have that waiver cleared.
Though your waiver may disqualify you from certain contracts. i.e. age, drug use, height can all disqualify air.

DimndDave14

Thank you to both replies and yes you both answered my question. Now I just need to contact my OSO and see if does have any slots avaliable for AIR, NFO; and yes I am will also apply for ground.

narfmasta

i'm guessing this is OCC and not PLC. if you're PLC don't worry about the contract because you won't commission at the end of OCS. If you're already graduated and you only want to be a pilot/NFO I wouldn't apply for ground.

correct me if i'm wrong people