• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS chain of command

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
The biggest challenge I had (I was on the Green side) was keeping a straight face, the staff was hilarious
We had this problem too. On our way to chow, our RDC made a comment that had us cracking up, and our DI came out of nowhere and SUYA'ed us for like ten minutes. After we became candi-o's, we still tried to keep bearing during grad practice, so he gave us permission to laugh. The rough quote was something like, "It is okay to find me hilarious."

jetullis6

Been there done that
Does anyone have the new up to date list? Or is all of this (googlable). Yup just made that word up.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
I created a Quizlet for this. I have a bunch of other ones too that you're free to use.

http://quizlet.com/_kxoe7
This doesn't match what's in the document from the OCS website (OTCNINST 1530.6G, dated 04 DEC 2013). Specifically, #4 is listed as "OCS Lead Class Officer," #5 is listed as "OCS/NSI Course Supervisor," and the Vice President is not included in the chain of command (giving a total of 13 people in the chain, not 14).

VCipollone

Officer Candidate
The OCR my OR gave me lists them as Asst Operations Officer and Operations Officer and lists VP as #13. They'll give us the real list at OCS I've heard so it shouldn't be a big deal either way

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
The OCR my OR gave me lists them as Asst Operations Officer and Operations Officer and lists VP as #13. They'll give us the real list at OCS I've heard so it shouldn't be a big deal either way
Agreed. I'm not concerned. If that ends up being the one thing I don't have memorized when OCS starts, I'll be in good shape. And considering I don't even have a date yet, I have plenty of time. Now what were those 15 leadership traits again...?

VCipollone

Officer Candidate
Agreed. I'm not concerned. If that ends up being the one thing I don't have memorized when OCS starts, I'll be in good shape. And considering I don't even have a date yet, I have plenty of time. Now what were those 15 leadership traits again...?

I literally have a Quizlet for everything in the OCR aside from the songs. I used to have a big giant one but I broke it up to make it more manageable.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
I literally have a Quizlet for everything in the OCR aside from the songs. I used to have a big giant one but I broke it up to make it more manageable.
I made a big PowerPoint file, with one slide per item. I animated the slides so that as you click through them, the information appears, allowing for self-testing. I also included a macro to shuffle the slides randomly once I'm confident enough with all of the different sections. If anyone is interested, I can email it to you (PM me your email address), or I can find a way to post it (it's a .pptm file, which I don't believe is an allowed attachment).

Meegs

I don't feel like I'm overkilling my study reading what you guys are doing haha

I'm in the process of making a study guide with better pictures/descriptions of the insignia and such. I already carry a raggedy folder of stuff I've printed all over the place.

Must say, I get strange looks in line at the grocery store when I start mumbling the code of conduct to myself...

Givemeinfo

There's actually an app (if you have a smart phone) for ranks, just a throwing it out there. I don't have a date yet either but I need to start on my studying, so far I'm going the old fashioned flash card way

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
There's actually an app (if you have a smart phone) for ranks, just a throwing it out there. I don't have a date yet either but I need to start on my studying, so far I'm going the old fashioned flash card way
I printed out the PowerPoint I made onto card stock, making nice flash cards.