• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Boards

jlil41

So over on usnavyocs.com there was a post from a recruiters blog, nyusn.blogspot.com/, and it is talking about there are only 2 more boards for the year for SNA/SWO and one for NFO. I am kind of confused about the whole situation anyone else want to shed some light on it for me?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
So over on usnavyocs.com there was a post from a recruiters blog, nyusn.blogspot.com/, and it is talking about there are only 2 more boards for the year for SNA/SWO and one for NFO. I am kind of confused about the whole situation anyone else want to shed some light on it for me?

I hope it isn't true but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Sounds about right. They are looking for ways to get rid of SNA's/NFO's that are already commissioned officers waiting to class up, so it wouldn't make much sense to hire more when they are already overstaffed. Who knows for sure though, give it a couple of months and they could be in high demand again. It seems manning the navy works like a slinky.

Lucy

From my recruiter/others standings on it/my own reading, it means that this fiscal year (2010) OCS spots are closed and that new selects will not be going to OCS until March of 2011 at the earliest. If the first 6 months of FY 2011 class are already full it would make sense if a dely was implemented, however I do not think this statement is saying that is the case. If there really are no more SNA/NFO/SWo boards after June until then it would seem the Jan. 2011 selects will likely recieve rather "quick" OCS orders.
Best of luck!

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
If there really are no more SNA/NFO/SWo boards after June until then it would seem the Jan. 2011 selects will likely recieve rather "quick" OCS orders.
Best of luck!
But by next January there will be NROTC students that the Navy paid for the education of that are SNA's, NFOs, etc, that the Navy will be commissioning into the IRR (the December class is the first class this applies to). I'm sure they're rather, if they can, get their money's worth out of those kids then pay to train more people at OCS.
I dont think there's much predicting anything until this bubble in the SNA/SNFO pipeline subsides.